A4 Skyhawk

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
FG has just relesed my A4 Skyhawk models. For under four bucks, you get a fleet bird, the Blue Angel's plane with enough tails to do a six plane formation, and a tractor and towbar to move 'em around. If it's still not enough, theres a BW version you can customize in your country or unit of choice. Check my album for a look.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
FG has just relesed my A4 Skyhawk models. For under four bucks, you get a fleet bird, the Blue Angel's plane with enough tails to do a six plane formation, and a tractor and towbar to move 'em around. If it's still not enough, theres a BW version you can customize in your country or unit of choice. Check my album for a look.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
P-80B and the T-33 are coming up next, probably followed by the Grumman F11F. There were so many cold war era jets that I don't think I'll ever run out of subjects. Just Navy planes alone should keep me busy. FG has quite a few already--but there are so many more I want to do. The Demon and Crusader come quickly to mind. Demon was the first plane I ever worked on. Lots of unheralded first genration jets, too, like the F6U and the FJ-1, as well.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
P-80B and the T-33 are coming up next, probably followed by the Grumman F11F. There were so many cold war era jets that I don't think I'll ever run out of subjects. Just Navy planes alone should keep me busy. FG has quite a few already--but there are so many more I want to do. The Demon and Crusader come quickly to mind. Demon was the first plane I ever worked on. Lots of unheralded first genration jets, too, like the F6U and the FJ-1, as well.

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Thanks, Rob, that's an awesome group of aircraft to look forward to.
I have the A4 Skyhawk and hope to start to build her soon...I printed it out yesterday and have been enjoying studying the layout and design.

I was going to tackle the F-100 first, but the A4 is something I wanted to build for a while so I think she just got bumped closer to the top of the list! :lol:

Looking forward to more of your fantastic designs!

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Thanks, Rob, that's an awesome group of aircraft to look forward to.
I have the A4 Skyhawk and hope to start to build her soon...I printed it out yesterday and have been enjoying studying the layout and design.

I was going to tackle the F-100 first, but the A4 is something I wanted to build for a while so I think she just got bumped closer to the top of the list! :lol:

Looking forward to more of your fantastic designs!

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Oh, just one last question...for now. :D
I could be wrong, but the way I figured out the WASM percentage the original print in in 1/72 scale, am I right? That's the scale I like to work in, to keep the models in the same scale for comparison, so I would just like to confirm this.
Thanks again,
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Oh, just one last question...for now. :D
I could be wrong, but the way I figured out the WASM percentage the original print in in 1/72 scale, am I right? That's the scale I like to work in, to keep the models in the same scale for comparison, so I would just like to confirm this.
Thanks again,
Jim

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
WSAM stands for Worlds smallest Air Museum--It's an invention of Chip Fyn's--the idea is to scale all the models identically at 1/60 if you wanted to build a miniature exposition. Since some of his planes would be pretty tiny at 1/60, and he likes to fill the page, this gives the modeler a percentage by which ot scale up or down the model to meet this standard. My A7 and F100 were both at about 1/60, while the A4 is about 1/48. the forthcoming P-80 and T33 is also at 1/48. I, too prefer modeling at 1/72, BTW, but FG wants the models to generally fill two pages as tightly as possible. The regular sized FG model of the A4 is close to 1/72, but the grain of the paper runs the wrong way. I recommend reducing the large size to retain paper grain orientation. Makes it a lot easier to get nice curves, sharp creases, and such.

The F-100F I put in the spare parts section is 1/72.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
WSAM stands for Worlds smallest Air Museum--It's an invention of Chip Fyn's--the idea is to scale all the models identically at 1/60 if you wanted to build a miniature exposition. Since some of his planes would be pretty tiny at 1/60, and he likes to fill the page, this gives the modeler a percentage by which ot scale up or down the model to meet this standard. My A7 and F100 were both at about 1/60, while the A4 is about 1/48. the forthcoming P-80 and T33 is also at 1/48. I, too prefer modeling at 1/72, BTW, but FG wants the models to generally fill two pages as tightly as possible. The regular sized FG model of the A4 is close to 1/72, but the grain of the paper runs the wrong way. I recommend reducing the large size to retain paper grain orientation. Makes it a lot easier to get nice curves, sharp creases, and such.

The F-100F I put in the spare parts section is 1/72.

dwgannon

Feb 6, 2004
Hoffman Estates,IL
Rob,
I saw your pictures of the N2 and O2 carts. Now all you need is an MD-3 and a -60 for the airstart and you should be good to go. Might need a LOX cart though.

dwgannon

Feb 6, 2004
Hoffman Estates,IL
Rob,
I saw your pictures of the N2 and O2 carts. Now all you need is an MD-3 and a -60 for the airstart and you should be good to go. Might need a LOX cart though.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
Actually--in the Navy we used an NC8 or NC10 for electric power, and a GTC-85 for RCPT-105 for jet starts. Much more compact units, although they sacrified such things as noise reduction and fuel capacity. One version of the -85 could even be hung on a bomb rack--for starts at bases that were not equipped with start units...we used them, on wheels, when I was in the Blues, because they took up less space on the 130.
Eventually, I'll make them, as well as an air compressor, Hydraulic test stand and even some jacks. If I can find good enough data I want to make an NC2 and NC5, as well for the older models.

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
Actually--in the Navy we used an NC8 or NC10 for electric power, and a GTC-85 for RCPT-105 for jet starts. Much more compact units, although they sacrified such things as noise reduction and fuel capacity. One version of the -85 could even be hung on a bomb rack--for starts at bases that were not equipped with start units...we used them, on wheels, when I was in the Blues, because they took up less space on the 130.
Eventually, I'll make them, as well as an air compressor, Hydraulic test stand and even some jacks. If I can find good enough data I want to make an NC2 and NC5, as well for the older models.