A4 paper

Hats

I'm trying to find a source of A4 paper in the States, after almost a week is some legal size paper that has horrendous shipping. I even went to Amazon.co.uk and hoped for lower shipping. Nothing there at any price. I'm starting to think that A4 card stock is a myth created by European papercrafters as a great prank on us Yanks.

tl;dr: Does anyone know anywhere based in the US or UK with A4 card stock available online?

RobTACP

I also needed A4 size paper and through one of the forums somewhere came across Borden & Riley #234 Paris Bleedproof Paper for Pens $8.95 for 40 sheets on dickblick.com. It is 108lb and I'm too new to tell you where that lies in the realm of things but it seems in between my regular paper my cardstock. It measures 9x12 which I use a straightedge to cut about 1/2 inch of the side to make it about 8 1/2. It doesn't have to be exact or perfectly straight as long as you put it on the non aligning edge of your printer. I cut it just right to fit into my printer and did the whole pad at once with repeated swipes of a blade and a yardstick. I don't know if the price is a good deal or not but it suited my A4 needs until I get a better lead...

Z

Zathros

You could try Staples on-line and have them deliver it to your local store. I do that with wide format paper and it saves me shipping costs. :)

paper hollywood

This is an interesting thought. A4 does seem to be a bit hard to find. I don't find it on the Staples website, but perhaps you could ask in the store if they could order it. I know you can get A4 in the states, though. We used to print on it now and then when I worked at an oil company's reprographics dept. here in Dallas. In fact the last time I moved I had to throw out most of a case of A4 20lb leftover from old auction booty.

Below is a link to a useful thread over at Papermodelers with some ideas on this. I like the idea of using legal size cardstock and keeping the scraps for reinforcement.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/...5-anyone-know-source-a4-cardstock-states.html

Wade

D

Diderick A. den Bakker

Why not use your American 'legal' size? That is slightly bigger than European A4, both horizontally and vertically, so that should solve your problem.