"A Year in Review"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CJTK1701, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

How do you "frop" an axe, Skip? :twisted:

CJTK1701 (Joe?) - You are a talented modeler -your pictures have certainly shown that. I for one want to see you complete the 1:350 Enterprise. Your build thread is great! :mrgreen:

Elliott
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

LOL! That was early in the morning and I was still half asleep! LOL
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

id like to preorder a case of this eggnog!!
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Little did I know the egg nog was spiked and it didn't mix well with pain pills for my back. Needless to say, that was the end of the nog.:confused:
  5. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Joe, We've never met but, I've admired your spirit and dedication to this project for some time now. You are the kind of person that can't be held down.
    Keep at it!
    V/R
    Bob Downey
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I have to tell you, that had I known what would befall me, I never would have started it.

There is so much to say and I guess that's why I went off the deep end. To much nog and pain pills are never a good combination either.

The bottom line..... all I wanted to do was to provide a kit at a decent price, back up my work, supply what others had only talked about for years. I never wanted to be the brunt of so many lies, innuendo, misconceptions....etc... The simple fact is I was asked by the community to do it.

In the process I attracted a great deal of wrath from those that wanted and want to control the community.

I had my business partner cause me untold delays, actually ask me to delay my clear cast version and he ultimately went into business with the competition, using my ideas and contacts....etc.... And yet no one in the community has called him on it. No, instead they sing his praises and still to this day deride my efforts and attempt at following through with what I had planned.

There is a small clique of people that do indeed want to control the community and thereby control the prices that are paid and who gets the money.

Why is it OK for this person to recast a studio prop, but if another is accused of being a recaster, without any proof, that person is shut out? Why is it OK for that person to recast an unobtainium and rework it and sell it as his own work, but the guy that makes his blanks out of paper, tape and glue and shows every step of the process is excommunicated from the community?

Why is it OK for some no talent hack to run the show? Someone who has questionable modeling skills at best? Why is that person moderating a forum? There are so many questions and no real answers. There has to be another dynamic and my only thought is protectionism, greed, ego, .... What drives someone to try and destroy another persons character and why do people follow along like a group of lemmings and allow this persons obvious duplicity?

Over? The past?

I spent a year trying to get a kit to market and the entire time I was lied on, assaulted, had my character assassinated, was literally stalked on the net, by someone contacting my friends and trying to obtain my personal information. I've had my friends attacked and harassed and anyone who has supported my efforts has been called in to question.

I go out to my garage and look at hundreds of hours of work. Hundreds of dollars in development costs...... all going to waste because of a small group haters. It's not over, not by a long shot. Meanwhile, the same traitorous group sing the praises of my former competition and my former business partner.????

Perhaps I should never have started this thread either, but you know..... I still hear of my name being brought up, I still hear of my name being attacked, I see my business partner making sideways comments and blaming me for this or that and I think..... What more do these people want? They've destroyed my name, my business is non-existent and still the drum of voices march on.

I made a beautiful ship, out of virtually nothing and wanted to make it available at a low cost and wanted and still want to show others how to do the same.

I didn't get into this to turn a profit, but as it stands now I can't even recover any of my costs.

Think about what it's like to pour your heart and soul into something and give it all you've got while constantly having to defend yourself against the lies and attack, just to have any prospect of getting that thing to market.

No. It's not over by a long shot. I will never give up and I will never quit. They may have won this battle, for now, but the war is far from over.

And just think, all they had to do was leave me in peace to do my thing.

Now, as soon as my back gets a little more healed up I'll be right back on the Enterprise and will continue to show how to make other ships the same way.:thumb:

Keep on Trekkin!
  7. Master-Bruce

Well, that one hell of a bottom line Joe.

Obviously I don't mean for you to forget about it and behave like nothing has happened but speaking this strongly and publicly can't possibly help.

I'm just saying that sometimes it's better to try and take the high road. Bite your tongue, keep your head down and then come back with a finished kit.

Life's too short for this dude! I can't imagine how you've felt over all of this but that's just my opinion. :)
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, you're right it's just a hard pill to swallow. I'll gather up some pics of what I've done over the last year and maybe try to turn this thread around on a positive note.:mrgreen:
  9. fokkerpilot

fokkerpilot New Member

By the way, you haven't told everyone here about your death threats you issued on certain Active Duty Servicemen (Major Federal Offense) over the internet. Please, expound upon this for them. :wave:
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Never made any death threats. Once again things are being twisted out of proportion.

As I said, I'm going to post some pictures of what I've accomplished in this last year. I think that's a nice way to turn things around and make this thread a more positive and uplifting one.

Perhaps we can look on the positive?
  11. Master-Bruce

LOOK. I'm not a moderator here so may be speaking out of turn, but until recently this place has always been a pleasant forum to be.

Why have you just posted your first ever comment just to add to this?! Why add another log to this fire when there's no need! Yes, he was bang out of order for airing his feelings here the way he did, but before it got out of hand he admitted that he went off at the deep end in this thread and even acknowledged that it'd be better for him to lay low from now on and try to keep his opinions to himself in the interest of keeping THIS community a pleasant place to be.

Then you come here and try to initiate an argument here. That's ridiculous!

You (Joe and the other people involved in this) should all let sleeping dogs lie! (Hope I got that phrase right). Don't bring it here.
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Besides the "Paper to Plastic Enterprise" I've accomplished quite a lot this year in the modeling world and in the real world. I don't only do Star Trek and have completed several models from different movies etc. within the genre.

Here's a Millennium Falcon that I started, unfortunately this isn't finished, as I'm still working out the lighting.

[​IMG]

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/6242amu/amf1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/6242amu/amf2.jpg

[​IMG]

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/6242amu/amf4.jpg

I came up with an interesting idea while on vacation. I stumbled across a laser etcher/engraver and of course one of my first thoughts was.... Star Trek! So I had several of these made up.

[​IMG]

I thought they would make nice bases, or add ons to different build ups.

I also decided I was going to come up with my own brass dedication plaque and had this made up. Believe me the picture does not do it justice.

[​IMG]

I used the same process to come up with castable masters, for fine detail.

[​IMG]

I also came up with a Delta base using paper, tape, tape, glue and expading foam, more on this later.

[​IMG]

More to come, I just have to organize my pictures.
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I built up a rather nice "Enterprise Incident" set up, all made from the PL 1/1000 kits.

[​IMG]

Built up a Vulcan shuttle.

[​IMG]

Made an AMT Amtronic radio car.

[​IMG]

Built a Harley Davidson Motorcycle kit.

[​IMG]

Played around with the Amtronic some more.

[​IMG]

Created a stand for my PL 1/1000 Enterprise.

[​IMG]

Scratch built a Daedelus.... these are the unfinished pictures.

[​IMG]

Finished up a 22" AMT Enterprise and made another base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come....
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here's a shot of a previous build that shows essentially the same base and Enterprise.

[​IMG]

I created my own ISS Akiraprise.

[​IMG]

Another shot of the Daedelus aside two more craft.

[​IMG]

I created some decals for my Refit.

[​IMG]

Another variation on the AMT Amtronic. This was turned into a Starfleet Shuttle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worked up a PL Refit, or two....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried my hand at some figure modeling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made up some TOS decals for my Enterprise with the help of Alan Sinclair.

[​IMG]

Made up a couple of bases for smaller ships.

[​IMG]

Another look at the delta base, in a slightly more finished state.

[​IMG]

More figure modeling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started on the Klingon D-7.

[​IMG]

Made up patterns for laser etching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I helped out a friend with some blueprints...
    [​IMG]
    This is not my work, I primarily helped out with references and research.

I did a lot of work on my "Man Cave" a two story, two bay garage that I'm turning into a loft, gym, bar, model shop and garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That actually started as a two story pole barn, at least that's what it was when we bought the house. LOL
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I also started my Clear Cast Starship, yet another product that may never see the light of day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started getting back into electronics this year as well.

[​IMG]

Of course there's this.

[​IMG]

Got the delta base finished....

[​IMG]

I also worked on a couple of different sized versions of Ron's TOS bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started some Alien's build ups. Hopefully I'll have them finished by the new year.

[​IMG]

There's a lot more, but I have to get pictures. Anyway, not bad for a years work.
  17. fokkerpilot

fokkerpilot New Member

Ok, then I stand corrected
  18. Master-Bruce

You didn't build that bike. :) Are you pulling our legs? That's a Orange County Choppers custom "spider" bike.

Yeah, I watch American Chopper. LOL ;)
  19. Master-Bruce

I tell you what though Joe. You look like a big guy, seeing you behind that TOS Ent is damn impressive. I love that kit. The decals you did with Alan look mighty fine too.
  20. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

lol, death threats...
    i know you made a sort-of correction of your statement, but just for clarity if he isnt going to mention it - there were after all a dozen or so others egging each other on in their collective grievances with him...

we all get angry and upset when we're put in a corner...

just sayin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.