A "Tyson" Forest

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by davidstrains, Apr 23, 2003.

1. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

After the severe spring rains that left water standing in my basement and causing no end of grief in the layout room I decided that the best way to get out of the doldrums was to do something - anything on the layout. I have had boxes and "stuff" stacked off the floor and on the benchwork for quite a while. But last week I finally finished sorting things and repacking into Plastic containers that will not absorb water:) And since there was so much water around the layout I thought that it was time to have some "growing" things. I need lots of trees for the background and Tysons several threads on "tree-making" fit the bill. Here is the result of a couple of nights work. About 150 individual trees are on this little part of the woods. I wanted to see how it would look against the backdrop and also how I liked the technique. Good on both counts. Tyson, tree making is good therapy. Jon- take note. It makes the little plastic people go away.

Attached Files:

2. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

and a second shot over a resort hotel to be located near the "forest".

Attached Files:

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The forest is looking real good, sorry to hear about your flooding problems. My divorce took care of my basement problems (and the house that sat on top of it) :D :D :D . The bright side to a single wide is NO BASEMENT!!!! :D :D :D We have had the same problem here with heavy rains (and some snows), it has caused me a lot of driveway problems as the driveway is 1/4 mile long, gravel and climbs 200 ft. in elevation. Most of those problems have been fixed however I had to use Clorox on the neighbor' cat to kill off all the algae and mold growing in her fur. Just saw 2 squirrels go thru the front yard, they were riding jet skis! :D :p :rolleyes: :D Again nice job on the trees and yes it can be good therapy.
  4. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Way to go David, they look very good indeed.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

A fine looking, compact forest, David!

I only hope that not too many of the hotel guests get lost in this wilderness. It would be bad for the reputation of this holiday resort.:D :D :D

Ron
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Looks like the start of a great lookin' forest, David!:cool: :cool: :cool:
    Tyson's photos & advice have really helped me out with my forest-covered hills too!

Tyson,
    JET SKIS??!!
    You been tappin' that tank car agin, aint ya son?:D ;) :p :D
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

"Can't see the trees for the forest!" or is it the other way around? :D Seriously, very nice work David!
    Ralph
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice David, we all need lots of trees and thanks to Tyson and others we should all have enough.
  9. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Guys,
    Great looking trees David. Tyson I agree with Charlie stay away from that tank car. :D :D :D Ron
  10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

What cank (hic) tar are you talking about????? :eek: :p :D