A & T RR Pictures

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the help with posting pictures. I finally got it figured out with all of your help.
here's:
The Alpine coaling tower
The Alpine roundhouse
The Edwards sawmill complex
My "Shaymaxler" at the S.P. cutoff
And at the other end of the main - Terlingua

Attachments

• twnofter.jpg
    twnofter.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 193

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Guess I Can't Do That

Anyway, I guess it's one picture per post, but I thought I saw more in another post. That was Terlingua, here's my 250 ton "Shaymaxler" at the S.P. cutoff. Legend on the Edwards Logging lands are that this powerhouse can pull a one hundred foot Jack Pine out by the roots!

Attachments

• shayatspcutoff.jpg
    shayatspcutoff.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 200

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great models & photos Cinibar!
It's great to see an N scale steam layout!
Let's see some more olease!
:cool: :) :cool:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
More A&t Pics

Gentlemen,

Thanks much for your encouraging words. Continuing up my first list here is the Edwards Sawmill #3. It's a Walthers kit-bash. I sawed the top off just above the window line, jacked it up and put an open sawing floor supported by beams. That was inspired by the "McCabe" mill HO kit.

Attachments

• sawmillfrt.jpg
    sawmillfrt.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Alpine Roundhouse

This is the Alpine Roundhouse: scratch built with Evergreen styrene siding. The turntable is an "armstrong" scracthed from wood, plastic with a brass tubing "bearing". By the way these photo were taken by fellow modeler Marc Gast.

Attachments

• atrndhse.jpg
    atrndhse.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 119

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The Alpine Coaling Tower

A Bachmann 2-8-0 lettered for the A & T with "Rail Graphics" custom decals sits ready to take on a load of coal from a Bachmann Coaling Tower modified with a new roof and stairways. The picture does NOT do the decals justice. The A & T herald all "readable", even the lettering around the outside! They are excellent!

Attachments

• no.7colngtwr.jpg
    no.7colngtwr.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 116

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Trees & Shaymaxler

Grumbeast,

The trees are a mix of Kibri plastic pines "flocked" with Woodland Senics "grass" and W/S kit pines.

Ray,

The "Shaymaxler" is a scratched body over a GP-7 drive unit which makes one HUGE logging loco. The name, of course, comes from all 3 types of logging locos; the Shay, the Climax and the Heisler. It is a strictly mythical loco, but Aspen's Climax's are way over my budget! Small Scale Logistics makes non-operating bodies that fit over some trolley mechanism, maybe I'll do that one of these days. At N Scale Supply they are saying that, of all people, !Atlas! is going to release a N scale Shay - wonder what that will cost?:rolleyes:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Matthyro,
Thanks! I sure have fun with it. Like all layouts, I have tons of stuff to do on it even through it is 99% complete. I am always amazed by the 50' X 70' mega-layouts in the magazines. My little ‘L’ shaped layout (one leg 7.5', the other 9') fills up my spare time just maintaining the switch machines, switches, track, switch points, etc. I can’t imagine keeping up with all the maintenance those big layouts must require.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Cinibar!
Great stuff there my friend! I love that sawmill bash!:cool:
What a beautiful backdrop...did you paint it yourself?

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Edwards Sawmill #3

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. And your 100% correct Tyson, Marc is darn handy with his digital.

That’s my “Art Work” on the backdrop Charlie. I bought one of those “How To Be An Artist in 10 Minutes” books and sort of followed along with that. I’ll tell you though these photo backdrops I see advertised are pretty tempting, they really look cool!

Here’s another shot by Marc. This is one of my favorites as the sawmill looks so big and seems to really justify rail service. The “burner” is cut from the top of a spray bottle I had laying around. I scribed it and put the screen top from the Walthers kit on it, the burner in the kit was too big.

By the way, Marc has a great web site at:

http://members.aol.com/SnBNLCRR/SnBNLCRRpg1.html

He is one heck of a modeler and I think you’d all get a kick out of his sight and some of his links.

Attachments

• burner.jpg
    burner.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 43

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The Shaymaxler

Thanks Ralph! The ol’ Shaymaxler normally collects a few chuckles when it roars out of the woods sounding like it’s going 120mph when in fact it’s top speed is about 15mph, it’s a geared loco of course. For now it works great for the A & T’s logging locomotive. As you probably know that Atlas chassis will creep along VERY slowly. 'Twas a fun project! :)