A Sunny Autumn Day

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
A coal train Chugs through the woods on Casey Ridge.

Attachments

• casey1.jpg
    casey1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 191

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Charlie, thats a fine photo you have there my friend, love the scenics.
Shamus

Byootiful! How did you make the smoke and the steam coming out of the cylnder? Computer magic?

A lot of the photos on this forum have to be looked at long and hard to figure out if they are a model or the real prototype. This is one of them. Sometimes the only giveaway is the camera depth of field. Thanks for this fine picture, have any more?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks again!:)

Judy,
Sure, I've got more!
Here's a shot of Poor Fork Mining Co's old 8-wheeler pulling the late afternoon local, consisting of a single combine, up to the mining district...

Attachments

• local1.jpg
    local1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 169

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks guys!
Hope y'all don't mind...I've been playin' around with a little computer "enhancement" here!?:eek: :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
It is very important to folks here in the southwest to be able to see things like this to remind us that others do have a fall season. It was 107° here yesterday and we are looking at the same for today. Not much in the way of fall colors here for us to model.

Don

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Andrew! :)
Don,
I tell ya what...after making the hundreds of trees required for this layout (& I'm still not done) a southwestern desert theme moght be just the ticket for my next project! :D
107 DEGREES?! :eek: It's a gray, rainy 50 degree evening here in the Ohio Valley...this is my favorite time of year too...it just doesn't last long enough!:)

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
Originally posted by ezdays
It is very important to folks here in the southwest to be able to see things like this to remind us that others do have a fall season. It was 107° here yesterday and we are looking at the same for today. Not much in the way of fall colors here for us to model.

Don

Don, I can appreciate your sentiments. Although it doesn't get that hot here in Dallas, September can still be pretty uncomfortable. However, I must admit, the last few weeks have been wonderful.

Having grown up in Michigan, I do miss the actual changing of the seasons that you see up north. We seem to waft past the changes of spring and fall and go straight from summer to winter here in Dallas. The trees turn color here, but not like what you see up north. I think that's why I decided to do a layout with an autumn scene. I don't think that you see many on MRR layouts and at the time of year I did it, autumn seemed like a good idea. Now, while I do miss the autumn, I do not miss the snow, the freezing wind off Lake Huron or 15 below in January, thank you very much.

But I have to tell you Charlie that I do enjoy looking at the colors that are on your layout and the great job that you did.