Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Joseph, Jul 14, 2004.
Sorry for the pics quality, I only have a web cam... First, the formers:
the stern structure:
btw, guess the name of the ship
one of the planes, not perfect but, hey, scale is 1/420 !
Hrmm... it's tough to tell so early in the build! Is it the USS Nevada?
the plane marking is not accurate (it looks like a '43 marking)...the ship was lost in '41
It's looking marvelous Joseph. On my list of "must-watch"
Peter, you're too nice The low quality of pics hides a lot of the imperfections
Here is the bow, then the complete hull structure:
Nevada was not lost in 1941. That was her sister Oklahoma.
Nevada survived the war (as did all US battleships except the two lost at Pearl Harbor). She was eventually sunk as a target, in the Bikini A-bomb tests.
...or do you mean this model is of a ship lost in 1941?
if so, then it must be either the aformentioned Oklahoma, or Arizona (what does it matter. It's clearly an early super-dreadnought, of the Nevada or Pennsylvania classes.
I did not say it correctly: the aircraft wears markings that were introduced in 42-43 (I think), which are impossible because the ship was lost in 41.
So, ... :roll: :?:
the underwater part of the hull is simplified: the anti-torpedo zones are just represented by a black line...easier for me!
And yes, it's the Arizona
bow completed, now I will begin from the stern.
the last part is too large, to allow adjustments
hull finished...I'm not too satisfied, but it's my first ship
Don't worry about the web cam, thats all I had when I started Yamato.
It's a very good build you have and I look forward to seeing the rest when you can.
The hull looks great, keep up the good work.
got bored by the rudder and propellers, so I glued some decks...
It does not look that easy to me considering the potential for it to warp you've done a great job on it.
She's coming along very well.
Keep them photos a'comin'!!
lol, in fact it warps in all directions :lol:
too few formers, me not being too accurate in my work and water-based glue... :roll:
Water based glue
If it helps
1 coat both pieces very thinly and let them dry
2 coat 1 piece thinly it should now stick reasonably well
3 Gil's best tip (for me anyway) nip the joint, if possible, with tweesers hold for a few seconds
4 run a filet of glue on the inside of the part for strength
5 do not dilute the glue if it's PVA type
I get in a right mess with UHU or instant glue
thank you for the advices
The parts are printed on thin 80 g/mÂ² paper. I laminated the formers on bristol, but it is not enough. Well, I'm learning!