a short is a short is a short......CONCLUSION

t-whistler

thumbsup.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif
wave.gif
Sorry it has taken me soooooooo long in getting back to this
post. Dave you were correct in saying that the problem is in the DB 150.
Capt. Turk I tried your idea RIGHT AWAY, but to no avail.
I also emailed Digitrax and got a respone. Here is what they said:

"The booster/command stations, the DB-150 and the DCS-100 have Option Switches that can be used to configure the boosters.
However, it will not be necessary under most conditions to change any of the switches.
The switches are discussed in the system manuals where you will find a complete description of the switches and the options.
Most problems that occur with the boosters are caused by operators failing to zero the speed of unused addresses and not dispatching unused address off the throttles.
Phantom addresses can be removed by closing the appropriate option switch in the booster. Closing OPSW#39 will clear ALL the registers in the booster and will cure most problems.
Be sure that you are properly changing the correct switches as the booster can be crippled by closing the wrong switches.
To CLOSE Option Switches such as 36 to clear the Loco Registry you go to the DB150 or the DCS100/200 and place the MODE toggle switch in the OP (center) position, go to Switch Mode on your throttle then call up 36 (or which one you want) then push the "c" key on the throttle..you will hear a beep..you then go back to the command station and push the MODE toggle down to SLEEP then back up to RUN. You then turn Track Status back on."

Tonight I finally got downstairs and applied their information about phantom
addresses. I NOW have a functioning model railroad once again. PTL

Thanks again.

Del