A Ride on 2816 Hudson"Empress" Steam.

interurban

Thanks for a great ride, and Thanks to John at C P for the thoughtful invite.

Attachments

• p6100040.jpg
    p6100040.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 87

interurban

It was a hard to choose these pics as I took a lot of trackside photo`s as well which I will post some day the photo`s to help us model site.

shaygetz

We asked for some pics...you rubbed it in 'til it smarted. May the webs of a thousand spiders tangle your overhead:eek: Really, thanks for the pics, and going out of your way to keep us up.:)

Pooh Bah
Chris:
I managed to get a party of 4 down to Hamilton to see her leave. My wife's cousin was disappointed that departure was 15 minutes late.
We chased her up to Guelph Junction. Saw her in Waterford, but got on some slow streets and just made the crossing in Cambelville in time to see the lights start flashing. Didn't notice you there!
(I'll try to post some pics when the film comes back -- my camera was at the end of the roll and I had to use my wife's.)

RailRon

Chris, you must have had a wonderful day. It's always great to see, hear and smell a living steamer - even if you are a traction fan, isn't it?

Thank you for taking us on the ride. And yes, we'll gladly accept some more pictures! :D :D :D

Ron

BTW: Did you notice the broad grin of the Hudson on the first pic? She must really have enjoyed herself being able to run around a bit!

interurban

Thanks guys if you want more pics I will post a selection later today;)
Robin we were there between 1040am and 1145, when the Empress arrived, thankful she left late:D
she was held at that spot for a long while waiting for a frieght to passs , we heard the freight was still at Hornby?
So we had to get going to St Cathrins Hoby shop then followed the Old NS&T rout to Port Dalhousie, then for a cold beer.:D
Here she comes a coming round that bend;)

Attachments

• p6100009.jpg
    p6100009.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 71

cpr_paul

Awesome shots Chris!

There is a Father's Day special being run from Toronto Union Station this Saturday...unfortunately I won't be on it, as I've promised my Dad that I would help him up at the cottage.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
So what do you call it when you are nostalgic for something you've never experienced, and weren't even around for originally...!?!?

Whatever it is that's me.

The local club had a great show last night of a railfan trip from Chicago to Halifax and back in the 1950s. So much steam, so much character, that is now gone from the railways forever.

Thanks for giving us a glimpse Chris!!

Andrew

TrainClown

Love that train!

I'm green with envy! What a day. Reminds me of when I rode the Royal Hudson from Vancouver to Squamish. She must be a sister engin. Her number is 2860.

It looks like there are 2 tenders. Why? What are they for?

I love those close-ups. More close-ups please. :)

TrainClown

spitfire

Fantastic Chris - what a great bunch of shots! How I do love those beautiful steam engines!
My only question is, what is Carrot-Top doing in the cab with you?

Attachments

• ct.jpg
    ct.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 76

interurban

Hi Val the lady (carrot top?) my mums a carrot top:D
She is C P R Police:eek: I was not going to argue with the lady:D

Hi TrainClown the two tenders ?? 2816 used to be a coal burner when they restored her She was converted to Oil and the two tender are needed for that purposee , dont forget the CPR don`t use Oil or Water so one fill up has to be a BIG fillup.It`s not easy to get on the Line.:eek: :D
More Close ups .,,,,,,,, ang on.

Attachments

• p6100027.jpg
    p6100027.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 73