A pat on the back

interurban

Fun is Fun and we All need to laugh more, and smile even more:)
So it is here at the gauge. It is a tonic!!!!
Keep up the great work you lot(mods)
And keep posting ,, the rest of us
:thumb:

Will_annand

TY:

Sorry about that Ty, I thought all the moderators were guys...
I guess I should say we have a great bunch of guys and gals here...

Also Ty, I left you a PM asking a question. guess you missed it.
I always miss PMs, I have to keep remembering to scroll down...

Moderators:

Any way we can be informed of PMs when we log in?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Will_annand
TY:

Moderators:

Any way we can be informed of PMs when we log in?

Yes there are only "Guy Mods" :)

You can go to User CP (Button above)

Then click on Edit options.. 2/3 of the way down you will see all the options for PM's :)

Good Luck!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Well I am a rookie moderator here and just love it. The Gauge is a great place to be. I have been a moderator elsewhere but choose the Gauge because it is the best with such a fine group of members. So thanks for tha pat on the back Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by Matthyro
Well I am a rookie moderator here and just love it. The Gauge is a great place to be. I have been a moderator elsewhere but choose the Gauge because it is the best with such a fine group of members. So thanks for tha pat on the back Don
Robin,

As the rookie here, aren't you suppose to do some sort of initiation ritual, like scrubbing the floors or taking out the garbage? I know they stopped the chug-a-lug thing and the paddling after a couple of new administrators wandered off and were never heard from again,:wave: :wave: but they must make you do something wierd and unpleasent.:D :D

In any event, you all deserve the accolades for your contributions here.:thumb: :thumb:

N Gauger

Originally posted by ezdays
Robin,

As the rookie here, aren't you suppose to do some sort of initiation ritual, like scrubbing the floors or taking out the garbage? I know they stopped the chug-a-lug thing and the paddling after a couple of new administrators wandered off and were never heard from again,:wave: :wave: but they must make you do something wierd and unpleasent.:D :D

In any event, you all deserve the accolades for your contributions here.:thumb: :thumb:

:D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Just reading some of the posts is sometimes "wierd and unpleasent"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumb: :thumb: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

I agree with all the kudos for the moderators --- and for the membership of the Gauge. And remember: A difference of opinion is NOT criticism.

I do find a few other forums informative, but the Gauge is "home."

BillS

Medicine Man

Q : Do you know why there is no flameing on the gauge?

A : Because we ALL know that that is what the fire box is for. :D

Q 2: Why dosn't anyone blow of any steam on the Gauge?

A : Because we don't want to waste it, less power to the driver's that way. :D

MM

Drew1125

First of all, Happy Anniversary Don!:D
I just realized that I've been here for 3 years now...Time flies when you're having fun!

Y'know, on those three years, I bet I could count on one hand (with a finger or two to spare) the times a moderator has had to lock a thread...I think that's a damn fine record, & would venture to say that some other forums couldn't come close to that!:cool:
What I've noticed about The Gauge is that the members here tend to enjoy a spiruit of community, & good humor...I've seen on numurous occasions, when something is veering into a "heated" direction, that good humor will intervene, & diffuse the situation.
That's just one of the many, many reasons I've hung around for the past three years, & can't get through the day without stopping in at least once or twice!

Thanks to Dave & ALL the mods, for making this my model RR family! :thumb: :cool: :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Thank you Charlie and thank you Jon for the well wishes. And happy third to you Charlie.:wave:

A bit over a year ago I came THIS close to deciding I picked the wrong hobby. I have always been facinated with trains, but knew little about MRR; just too busy earning a living to find out. I landed at one or two other forums first and asked a few questions not knowing if I wanted HO or N, DC or DCC and I think I got beat up with opinions but no real answers. Disenchanted, I lurked here for a while and found people helping people, not arguing or defending their own personal choice. I stepped in and was greeted warmly and got good sesible answers and advice. I discovered there are people here in all phases of modeling, from wishful thinking to the most elaborate layouts and everyone is treated like an old friend, and on the same level, young or old, experienced or newbie. I think if someone posted a picture of an upsidedown dixie cup, someone would comment, "helluva start on a mountain" and someone else would give some advice as to how to make it a bit more realistic.

Gotta stop before I start getting sentimental and all blubbery.... But I am feeling muuuuuch bettter nnnnnnoooow. (yeah Mikey, we like that show too):D :D

jsolie

Originally posted by ezdays
Disenchanted, I lurked here for a while and found people helping people, not arguing or defending their own person choice. I stepped in and was greeted warmly and got good sesible answers and advice. I discovered there are people here in all phases of modeling, from wishful thinking to the most elaborate layouts and everyone is treated like an old friend, and on the same level, young or old, experienced or newbie. I think if someone posted a picture of an upsidedown dixie cup, someone would comment, "helluva start on a mountain" and someone else would give some advice as to how to make it a bit more realistic.

Sorry for the long quote, but this is the one thing I really appreciate about this forum. Here I am, really just a newbie in the hobby, trying to decide how I'd want to build a layout and enjoying running what I can on a little double oval track that can only be described as a hacked together test track.

The information, inspiration and support on this forum are first rate, which is a key indicator of good moderation. I've frequented many many different forums on all sorts of topics over the past, what is it now...nearly 20 years. Only three sites popped to mind as I reflected on the atmosphere of the place. This is one of them. One of the other ones was another web forum (non train related) that changed in demeanor after the site founder passed away. The other was a BBS that I frequented back in the mid 1980's (on a 1200 baud modem on a TRS-80, no less!) :D

Keep up the good work!

-- John

N Gauger

Originally posted by jsolie

Sorry for the long quote, but this is the one thing I really appreciate about this forum. Here I am, really just a newbie in the hobby, trying to decide how I'd want to build a layout and enjoying running what I can on a little double oval track that can only be described as a hacked together test track.

The information, inspiration and support on this forum are first rate, which is a key indicator of good moderation. I've frequented many many different forums on all sorts of topics over the past, what is it now...nearly 20 years. Only three sites popped to mind as I reflected on the atmosphere of the place. This is one of them. One of the other ones was another web forum (non train related) that changed in demeanor after the site founder passed away. The other was a BBS that I frequented back in the mid 1980's (on a 1200 baud modem on a TRS-80, no less!) :D

Keep up the good work!

-- John

Thanks john :) btw - what was the name of the BB service on the TRS-80???.............. People-link??? Fido net?????

Thankyou!!

I too, have felt very welcomed here, from the first post I made:)

Thanks to all the members, and of course, the moderators.

Some one said it before, but I'll say it again, this is home :cool:

Drew

Being here at the bottom end of the world ....(all Alone ).....I feel that I am accepted as a member of a very fine and good family.
To all of my gauge friends thank you for being the eyes and ears of an old man who derives great pleasure from model railroading All the pats on the back for the moderators are richly deserved