A nice little layout

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Here's a layout I've repaired for a client. I thought he did a pretty good job on it, and since it was a sunny day, and the layout usually lives in a coffee table, I'd take it outside and get some pictures to share:

The layout:
layout4.jpg

And some scenes:

layout3.jpg

layout2.jpg

layout1.jpg

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Just a few more shots. I really like the trestle. It's well done, and is a focal point of the layout.

Attachments

• layout5.jpg
    layout5.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 13
  • layout6.jpg
    layout6.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
  • layout7.jpg
    layout7.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 14
  • layout8.jpg
    layout8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW that is a cool lil layout. And it fits in a Coffee Table? Thats too cool, I like all the trestle work too, it looks sweet and from the close-ups pics you cant even tell it is a small layout :mrgreen: :thumb:

cpNscale

Looking great there,nice to see a fellow CP modeler here....check out my thread here on my layout.I will be posting some more pictures of my progress on the ground cover..

Herc Driver

That is really some great trestle work! Boy am I envious (having a completely flat layout with no bridges or bridgework.) Really great job.

Nazgul

OUTSTANDING!!! That is one neat little layout. I would love to see a pic of it back in the coffee table.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Thanks for the comments folks. I'll pass them along to the owner when he picks it up.

The coffee table isn't much, really. Just a plywood box on legs with a glass top... not exactly master carpentry, but it works. ;)

train1

How coincidental could life be. A co worker handed me a copy of MR (dated April 1971) and lo and behold it features Part 5 of an article entitled Railroad In A Coffee Table by Walter Olsen. It is in fact how to build this particular layout. This particular article deals with scenery and structures. Sometimes model railroading is stranger than fiction...

PS Squidbait - It's almost time to get working on the N Scale group again.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Now I feel bad complaining about not having enough space when I have a whole (albeit a small) room when he has packed so much into such a small area. Most impressive!