A nice day for a trainshow.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
My family and I had a great time at the show at Adobe Mountain Railroad Park.
Besides riding the 7 1/2" gauge trains we enjoyed the many opperating layouts from N to G and found some great deals at the swap meet.
I took alot of photos but only a few turned out.
Here's a few that did.

Attachments

• Oct16004.JPG
    Oct16004.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 116

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
This is the plan for the new HO layout in progress.
We found some great deals at the swap meet. I found a pair of RPP SD38 shells for $15, a RPP CF-7 shell for $5, a lot of 7 MDC and Athearn rolling stock kits for my son to assemble for $5, another $5 box of dead N scale locos, a $5 lot of assorted rollingstock with minor problems and a few other odds and ends.
I bought a Bachmann N scale PC Metroliner for my wife and found out it wount fit under the bridges on our layout, so I guess I'll have to build another layout.

Attachments

• Oct16012.JPG
    Oct16012.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 117

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Looks like you had a real good day. Love the pix. By the way, what is that section of track at the bottom of pic 2 used for? It has that box with expanded steel covering it. Is that a start-up pit area?

That G scale is awsome!

TrainClown :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ray,I also attended a Train Show today..Sadly it was nothing like the Train Show you went to.. :cry: I did find some out of production Genesis cars at a very good price...Thanks for sharing your pictures. :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ray,

It's been a while since I was at Adobe Mountain, and it looks like it's come a long way since then. I forgot about this show, and I guess I'm going to have to wait until next year since I think they only do this once a year. Thanks for the pics, at least I haven't missed out entirely although I sure wish I could have gotten my hands on some of that N scale stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm going to miss out on the one up in Prescott this year as well, as I remember, it's scheduled for Nov 6th and I'll be out of state that weekend.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Ray,

I was there but judging from the trains that were on the G layout, not the same time as you. We arrived at 10:00, wandered the swap meet, watched the smaller trains and then wandered over to the live steam area, took a ride and left around 12:00. Did you happen to see the Shay or the 2-6-6-2? Very impressive! Sorry I missed you. I was looking at everybodies name tags but never saw any from "The Gauge." Another time. EZ days mentioned another show/swapmeet in Prescott in November. If you hear more about that, could you elaborate (date, time, etc.)? Thanks.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Train nut,
We went straight to the swap meet and didn't get out to the live steam area till after noon.
Next time we'll have to arrange a time and place to meet. It's a big place
I took a photo of the shay, but it didn't turn out that good.

Attachments

• Oct16007.JPG
    Oct16007.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 37