A mine project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Here is the begining of what will be a gold mine. I got the idea from a Master Creations ad in the April 1993 MR.
I cut two sides of the headgear at the same time. A little harder cutting through two levels but a time saver in the end.
Some of you have said you like to see how my creations come about.
I will post more pictures as the mine progresses.

Attachments

• mine1.jpg
    mine1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 791

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
First for belg. There are many tutorials around like those in the acadamy here or at the NARA website(linked below) but here is one specific one at NARA that may be of help.
Cardboard Tutorial
Now for the mine update. Here I have added cross pieces. Next will be to glue the other side on.

Attachments

• mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 710

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
The other side of the head gear is now in place. I have started the three buildings that go along with the mine. There purpose is indicated on the photo.
To make the buildings, I took a piece of corrugated cardboard and cut out three floors. I guestimate the size and just try to keep them in proportion with the scene. I use the corrugated cardboard to make some of the walls. Thinner cardboard will be used to complete them. I sometimes cut doors and windows in the cc if I want to give depth to the walls.

Attachments

• mine4.jpg
    mine4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 703

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
When cutting widows and doors in Corrugated Cardboard, I cut thin strips of ceralboard and glue them in as frames. I trim them flush when glue has cured.

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 628

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
First coat of paint.
I haven't mentioned it here yet but if you build a structure that will only be seen from the front, then you don't need to detail the back.

Attachments

• mine8.jpg
    mine8.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 570

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Marksberry Mine

This mine is named after NARA member #65 Jim Marksberry.
Now Jim was heard to say about skeptics,"Heh, everyone thought that 'o me, boy! I tramped these here mountains for 20 years. Scraping a bit here and there. Heh, heh--they were wrong! I found it! The richest vein of ore ever in this here country! The OLD ROSIE is mine boy!
This model is based on the Master Creations ad that appeared in the April 1993 MR.
Made out of cardboard and more cardboard.
mine9.jpg

mine11.jpg

mine10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.