A mill and a warehouse

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Fantastic Job!!!

Kurt, my friend, YOU are a TRUE CRAFTSMAN!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: WOW!!!:eek: it looks OUTSTANDING so far!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: cant wait to see more progress pics!;) THANKS!!!:D -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Shane, no teasing this time (though it’s a tempting thought :D ). Two more pictures.

I painted the buildings. I have to do windows and doors next.

MW11.jpg

MW12.jpg

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I just saw this thread! Wow, great job. This is better then most kits I have seen, you did it your self saved a ton of money and I bet had fun be creative doing it your self! Great work!

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
I ca'nt add any good words , everybodt elese as said them all ,please try to post more, like how did you do the sidewalk and road,very nice work.
dave

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
COMBAT, radar, thank you for your nice words :wave: .

To do all the windows took quite a while. But now, it’s done! I might add some more detail later on, but for the moment I think I spent enough time on this structure. Here are some more pics.

MW13.jpg

MW14.jpg

MW15.jpg

MW16.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Wow

WOW, YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB ON THIS BUILDING.

I love the roof Vents and Access Door and the ladder coming down to the front building.

O and the covered loading dock and the Dust Collectors on the side of the building look GREAT. And the windows look so good, GREAT JOB KURT!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
I'm not by nature inclined to modern "boxy" structures. But when they look like that... I'll take 'em anytime...!!! Superb work..!!! Wouldn't expect anything less from you, of course.

Thanks for delighting us with your marvels...!!!sign1

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Great work, Kurt, I especially like the shot taken from street-level. It's the perfect transition from seedy to industrial. :thumb: :thumb:

Wayne

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt
What can I say that hasn't been said before? It is such a treat to see you as you progress though each new project:thumb: :thumb:
The only thing missing is...the suspense! Each and every one of us know how it is going to turn out in the end....
AWESOME!
Oh yeah...one other thing is missing...THE SPONGE CAR!...I'll send it over;)

Amrap1

Nov 11, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Giving me hope! Love the pictures...great work!

The dog is great...I want to add things that don't stand out but when people see them they are impressed/awed/surprised. I saw a layout with a naked man going down a fire escape because the massage parlor was surrounded by police!

Ed

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Outstanding Job Kurt!

Kurt:wave:, YOU are TRULY one of the MRR MASTERS on here!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i look at your work, and find it to be VERY DETAILED, WELL DONE, FLAWLESS really:thumb:. VERY INSPIRATIONAL!;):D. THANKS KURT!!!:thumb: :D -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Thank you all very much for your nice and very much appreciated comments. :wave: :wave: jr switch, Wayne, "seedy" was not the word to come into my mind as a compliment for anything I did before I started model railroading. Now I like it :D . Steve, I don’t know if NP interchanged their sponge cars with AT&SF. You should consult your issue of The "Real" History of the Railroad by D. R. Ooler before you send it over. Remember, we are serious model railroaders – only prototypical operation allowed on our layouts sign1 .