A Massive Build Thread: Genre: Gundam

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
So, all I have to show anyone who cares, is the chest poseability...

Why be like that buddy? Do you think that no-one is following your progress?? There may not be many people taking part in this thread but I'm sure that many are following it with interest. ;)

I know I am.

How did you get that range of motion in the waist?? I'd love to see more detail pics of the joints. I had some ideas for the Stamen but I didn't want to go too far only to find that the joints wuldn't be able to hold the model upright or say in position.

Tell and show us more. ;)

Simmo

An Older Junior Member
Jul 27, 2007
Caloundra, Queensland, AUST
Oh, we are watching Soaring, don't you worry about that! There is just so much to take in on this forum. I'm excited by everyone's progress on so many different subjects. The problem is I'm not getting much building time in because of the speed with which everyone is developing and there is SO much to build. I should have got into this hobby years ago.

Keep it coming Soaring, the range of motion your getting out of this is fantastic.

S

Soaring

Egad! I just had to add some more to that sentence :p And I couldn't think of anything else......o.o

As for the joint, it was preety basic, only using a cylinder, 4 elevation pieces, and a paper cap :D

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I don't quite get what you mean there, can you show us this joint concept? Not trying to poach ideas or anything, Im just really interested and would love to SEE more.

Can you oblige?

S

Soaring

Sigh, you guys are the "Nicest" people I've met on the internet, this IS the best forum ever! :rolleyes: The lego forums are lame, noone likes to see what I make there :p

Anyways....I GOT ME SOME MORE GLUE!Thank you mother! She got me 3 glues, and 1 extra special non clog glue!

Skip, I'll make SURE to post pictures of what I did, right after I finish my homework sign1

S

Soaring

Well, to all you viewers, I've decided to give up on my projects.

PSYCH!
However, I am postponing all projects, I needa take a break, do something really easy...^_^

S

Soaring

-.- Well,since I'm lazy :p I've decided to make a video about the joints and the papercraft I'm doing currently...So check youtube! It should be there!

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
...We're lazy enough to expect links to the video in the post... ^O^ The truth is I'm not that familiar with youtube, so... please give us the link! :D

S

Soaring

Alright, so it finished, 3 hours ago, but I became lazy ;)

Anyways, check it out if you want more information on Poseable papercraft, and the properties used to make it.
Since this is only my first, I'll make sure to make a tutorial on how to implant your own joints, after I finish the model xD

Hope this doesn't waste anyone's time
YouTube - Foobariu's Channel

S

Soaring

Alright, so did anyone who wanted to watch it, watch it? I'm going to delete it today :O

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I saw it. It was informative and the way you handled you models gives me the impression that they're built well. Your Hazel is looking good. ;)

S

Soaring

Alright, I'm postponing Hazel Gundam for now, and keeping the video up until who knows when....I got some things to do :p

S

Soaring

Ok, finished with what I had to do, time to model Hazel! But wait....I'm actually going to redo the model >_> And this time, go without lines, add color to the tabs.....Make it more real like :D

S

Soaring

Alright, Video has ended, sorry to al those who didn't view it, I decided I'm not going to do a joint video again :S Only because I don't like uploading, it takes too long....

S

Soaring

Sorry I haven't update this in a while...I'm reworking the Hazel Guide which can be found...

http://forum.zealot.com/t157393/

As for the "Now Hazel" I tore apart its ankle. :eek: Why? Well, I'll show you why in a day or so, wirting that guide is a pain, ah well. Anyways, here's a few diagrams of what I drew up in class while we were having our Writing Test. Psh, I didn't study ^_^ But my wirting was still good :mrgreen:

As for the diagrams, I'm not going to explain anything as of now, since I'm going to spend another hour working on that guide wall1

All I'll say is that that is what the jet will do. I've also included an overview of the templates. Think it won't work? Are you sure.... :twisted:

Attachments

• 100_1903.jpg
    100_1903.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1902.jpg
    100_1902.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1901.jpg
    100_1901.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1900.jpg
    100_1900.jpg