A Massive Build Thread: Genre: Gundam

S

Soaring

Well, just like the title says, this is the MASSIVE GUNDAM BUILD THREAD! I'll be posting pictures of the WIP's which happen to be more than I can handle.... For example, I may post some WIP shots of EX-S, then maybe some of TR-1 Hazel. I just thought it would be easier to see the progress (If any) All together. In the pictures attached, they are my EX-S Project(Which I'd better finish) The leg is a scrap-used-off, piece. So it's just a mishap used for display, I'm working on the legs and hopefully, before Monday when school begins , will have two Legs :D And a waist :D

*Will not be centered around one build.* By the way, I work on these projects at night(Mostly) So, the pictures will be horrible, plus, it's raining :D No good lighting here :cry:

Attachments

• 100_1404.jpg
    100_1404.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_1401.jpg
    100_1401.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 34
S

Soaring

EX-S Slowly Accumulating

wOOt. I got most of the first leg cut-out today, took me 4 hours, so Yay! Tomorrow I'll finish up cutting and maybe start some glueing. However, as you can see in one of the attachments, my Loctite glue keeps clogging up, so, on Thursday, I'll get some more Cardstock and different glue from Target.

Attachments

• 100_1411.jpg
    100_1411.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1412.jpg
    100_1412.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 13
S

Soaring

Bombard gets added

Yes! 'm gonna start glueing everything in the legs on Thursday, and Bombard's chest! Yes, I said it, Bombard will also one you'll get to see finished. TR-1 Hazel will be shoved into here after I get alot of progress from both models, expect more side project gundam models, which Hopefully, will be finished.

Attachments

• 100_1415.jpg
    100_1415.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 12
S

Soaring

WIP Shots Working Pictures

Just as the caption describes, here, I've gone at work with Bombard's chest, currently, 7:30, *Clock ten minutes late*

First picture, time.
Second picture- My brother finished his Homework and so, seeing me working on Bombard, he wanted to make the Aliens Pulse Rifle *Thing. However, I gave him something that doesn't use up so much ink :mrgreen: And so, I made some room on my desk, and told 'em to sit down 'ere to papercraft with me! We'll be here for another 2 hours, then straight for bed.

Third Picture- Shows me cutting up Bombard's last parts of his chest.

Attachments

• 100_1417.jpg
    100_1417.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1418.jpg
    100_1418.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1419.jpg
    100_1419.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 17
S

Soaring

Whooo! Bombard in the making!

So, I've reached the Bombard portion and actually getting somewhere! As you can see, most of the chest is finished, also, it's late *in my terms* *9:45* So, I didn't glue the nose portion of the chest, in order to glue on the bases of most of the other little details. Tomorrow, I'll finish up this chest and start on the waist. I'll start EX-S on Friday through Sunday, since I have to get a replacement for my glue Loctite. Maybe I'll get four... Anyways, progress moving, more easier than I expected :D Make sure to come back tomorrow!

Attachments

• 100_1421.jpg
    100_1421.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1422.jpg
    100_1422.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1423.jpg
    100_1423.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 15

Master-Bruce

Ooh, I missed this somehow. That Ex-S leg is massive! Have you scaled that up at all or is tha how it should be? That makes me want to stat building it now! :) I need to finish the red Hi-V first.

You are moving along nicely, clean builds too considering the speed. There'll be something else you can sink your teeth into soon. I'm sure your little bro will love it. :)

WIP30.jpg

WIP29.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

S

Soaring

:twisted:eek:.O Are you serious!!! MY GOD! I might have to steal his "Templates":twisted:

His as in my brother. He spilled some Elmer's Glue last night and my mom got maddddd. I showed this to my brother and man, he stopped playing his games, and asked me, "CAn I have it now?" Nice job skup, truly one fast modeler, to be exact. Can't wait to build it, I REALLY WANNA Build that Skup :D

Anyways, on the topic of finishing Gundam Models and what not, when Skup finished that, I'll add it to this thread :twisted:

Heres some progress of the Builds.
On the Bombard Gundam, I didn't get so far, due to it being a school night and my hands were hurting from squeezing my Clogged LOCTITE Glue. Plus, There was an error on the templates on one half of the waist which got me frustrated wall1 But, I managed to get through it, but there's still a fold mark through it wall1.

As for EX-S I haven't gotten far enough to report considerable progress. But I have cut most of the leg out, and glueing the major parts. Later today I'll post some pictures of a completed EX-S Leg :twisted: Hopefullly -_-

Attachments

• 100_1426.jpg
    100_1426.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9
S

Soaring

By the way, this hasn't been Scaled up at all, so, I'll be posting some mroe pictures of the fniished leg soon! I might finish both legs today, not sure.... I'm using Elmer's glue for placement, so I can move it around a push it more...

Master-Bruce

Thank you very much. Though it is early days yet for it. Much work to do.

You say that the Ex- hasn't been rescaled, so how long is that leg? I've heard this is a big model but I had no idea it was as big as it seems after seeing tha leg. The leg is as tall as a 1/100 Gundam kit by te looks of it, if not longer!!

Looking forward to seeing more.

What was the error on the Bombard? I hope to build it at some point so some fore warning will help.

S

Soaring

Well, I'd say EX-S' s leg alone is about 25 cm
more or less.

I learned my lesson, use White Elmer's glue for placement, or come up with a lopsided, over placed piece.

As for bombard, shown in the pictures, are the problem, well, at least what I think is the problem. Perhaps in Pepakura, A fold line got misplaced, not sure, and a piece overlaps a tab, after a While, maybe 5minutes, I figured it out, not taht big of a problem now.

Attachments

• 100_1429.jpg
    100_1429.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1430.jpg
    100_1430.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1431.jpg
    100_1431.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 6
S

Soaring

Actually, if Attached to the Stand, it's about, 35 Cm. Believe it or not. I LOVE IT! And that's just the leg ^^

S

Soaring

:cry: Well, here's the progress of each model as of today.

- EX-S
- 2 feet = Finished
- 1 leg = Halfway
Not much hmm? Well, I keep getting stopped by this game, Halo. wall1:curse:

What must be accomplished today. The major sections of both legs. Hopefully.

Oh yeah, better lighting, horrible background. I work in the day time when on Weekends, on school days, gotta go night :D

Attachments

• 100_1439.jpg
    100_1439.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 11
S

Soaring

:mad: My gosh! This sucks! Ink got all over one of my templates! AHGGHGH , now I have to reprint it >.< I'll continue after church... Later!

S

Soaring

Wel, not much done today T_T But I'll try and finish 1 leg by the end of this week....and maybe the half of the other... :confused:

*It's 7:00 pm now*

Attachments

• 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 8