A Little More Progress On The MTC

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I’ve gotten a little more done on the layout since I visited here last…

I’ve actually got scenery at both ends now!

mtc9.jpg

dscf3847.jpg

That last shot is the most recently completed…here’s what it looked like just a few days ago…

prog19-17.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW!!, first two pics are slap OUTSTANDING Drew!:thumb: :thumb: :D last pic looks like your REALLY coming along!:thumb: GREAT WORK!:D -Deano

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks for the nice comments, guys! :)

I use a bunch of different stuff for ground cover…A lot of it is natural…sifted dirt, ground up leaves, small twigs…I also use broken up bits of plaster that I paint to look like loose rock, & lately, I’ve started mixing wood ash with sifted dirt, & using that for ballast…I use bailing twine (jute) to make tall grass, & of coarse, there’s plenty of Woodland Scenics ground foam in there, too

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey!

Love that little kettle smokin' & steamin' its way over that gorgeous trestle, but I bet that dude on the flat car is in violation of OSHA rules regarding proper operation of a RR...!!!

Gus (LC&P).

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks guys! :)
Here's another shot of the same area...this time the climax is waiting to push a load of logs up the line to the storage pond...
I'm wanting to build a lumber shed in the area to the right where the siding is...

Attachments

• climax2.jpg
    climax2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 182

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Great stuff Drew! The trees look great. I especially like the deadwood sticking up through the greenery - something you see in real life, but not often modelled for some reason. The ground cover is outstanding :thumb:

Andrew

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Drew
I really love the locos....but why should I single them out. Everything and I mean Everything is just beautiful and looks "right"!
Of course you know....I will be stealing all your ideas!sign1

keep up the great work and keep posting those awesome pics:thumb: