A little astronaut for the LM (Perdana meets UHU02)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Now, just that little gem, sets it all off perfectly............thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Now just for a scale lunar surface to finish it all off...... :D
Oh, and of course all the lunar experiments ....... And a Lunar Rover........ ;-)
A Soup Dragon and a few Clangers, and you should be finished with this project ........ :D :D :D :D

:lolsign:

Reactions: Tonino

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Oct 7, 2015
Very nice build of the LEM and the astronaut. He is way too tiny for me to build. I'd be lucky if I could build the full size one. Love the addition of the gold foil.

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Thanks @wedge , I'm glad to hear. I noted you took a path similar to mine, leaving the LM "naked" and adding details from the last phases of UHU02's build (e.g. the plume deflectors).
This confirm to me this choice was a logical one. The details of your model, however, are much neater and sharper than mine. They look more definite. I like the general look of your LM very much. What kind of printer and paper did you use? You built the model in his original scale or you printed it at a different size?

wedge

Tonino, you are absolutely right, I wanted the whole construction of LM to been seen. I presume, that UHU only needed to have a chance to dress the LM, so the deflectors needed to be instaled at the end. I´m working on another LM that will look exactly like in space. I´m not sure which one it will be, but with the lunar rover almost ready for purchase it looks that I don´t have much of a choice :p

I wanted to have the thermal protection made from the real thermal protection so I have used the thermal blanket from my CLS pack and purchased the Kapton tape from USA (because I will need it while building LM in "Meen´s style"

It is not an original scale, it is printed on A3 160g/cm2 paper. I´ve printed it in my favourite copy centrum (laser copy) that is 120 km far from my home :) It is quite a big piece of furniture this model

Reactions: DanBKing and Tonino

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Tonino, I'm at a loss of words as how nice that came out. It really adds to scale but just on it's own, it is quite superb! :)