A Havelock shunt day

interurban

Had three days fishing up at the trailer, now there is always time to drop into Havelock just to see IF there is anything going on :rolleyes: ;) :thumb:
I was in time to enjoy the C P lads doing a bit of switching. :thumb:

Attachments

• P6170082.jpg
    P6170082.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 168
  • P6170084.jpg
    P6170084.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 162
  • P6170087.jpg
    P6170087.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 173
  • P6170091.jpg
    P6170091.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 169
  • P6170092.jpg
    P6170092.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 171

interurban

It was a real treat I only wish the station was alive as well :cry:

Attachments

• P6170096.jpg
    P6170096.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 167
  • P6170097.jpg
    P6170097.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 167

Tyson Rayles

Boy Chris your modeling just gets better and better! Looks like the real thing! :rolleyes: :D :D :D
What happened to the spider webs that are usually hanging over your locos? :eek: :D :thumb:

spitfire

Great shots Chris!!! You are a very busy man with the camera - good for you!!! I love those covered hoppers!!!

Val

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Cool action shots! How long did it take the crew to set out and pick up those cars?
Ralph

interurban

Hi Ralph, they were working when I arrived within 15 min they had sorted the freight out as the last shot show the units backed up , they sure power them up!! :wave:

Diesel John

Great shots Chris

We just pulled over a dozen cars out of the bush last week, they were hard to lift as they were right in a rock cut.

I always find it amazing the amount of traffic that gets generated out of Havelock. Where does it come from? There used to be a fair bit of iron ore shipped out of their but that mine was closed down some years ago, although the tracks are still in (you cross them about 2 km east of Havelock.

Hard to believe that this was the original CPR main line (the Ontario & Quebec Railway). You can still see a lot of the roadbed as you travel along Hwy 7 between Havelock and Glen Tay. There's even supposed to be a couple of cabooses (cabeese?) along the way that are used as cottages.

Hard to believe those GP9s are still in use. Anything heavier and the rail might crack.

interurban

Thanks guys.

Bob the mine is at Nephton, it is still active they produce Nephomite(spell?)
Used in Ladies Make up, stockings, all sorts of "stuff". They tell me there are only three mines like this in the world .

John they had to pull a lot of hoppers out of the ditch last year to, I posted that last year??
Must need major track work.
:thumb: