A fun day at the trainshow.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
My family and I had a great time at the show yesterday.
We got to talk to ezdays and TrainNut and ran into lots of the Central Arizona Modelrailroader Club members.
We found lots of good deals on HO projects.
I found a Tyco 4-8-0 kit for $10. It is missing a few parts, nothing I can't find or mack.
A mint 60s era Athearn F7AB set for $10.
A P2K E8 and a Stewart U25B shells for $10 each and aRPP 8-40CW shell and frame for $5.
My son found a RPP SD60 on an Athearn chassis for $10 and an Athearn GP38-2 for $5
My wife got a bunch of nice Vehicles.
I'm still sorting through the rest of the haul, I'll post photos of some of the other projects once I get them sorted.
I did find a nice HO turntable with drive for $10. A Haljan or Con/Cor I believe.

Attachments

• Mar26$05.JPG
    Mar26$05.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Mar26$22.JPG
    Mar26$22.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Mar26$02.JPG
    Mar26$02.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Mar26$09.JPG
    Mar26$09.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Mar26$16.JPG
    Mar26$16.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 92

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ray's right, it was a fun day. I did buy some stuff, but I didn't make the haul he did. Still, I'm use to seeing Ray, Candy and Tony perusing the show tables holding on to boxes of "treasures" that they've picked up for a few dollars, or even less. As usual, there wasn't that much N scale, except for a few people that are there at most shows trying to sell "bargins" at full suggested retail pricing.:curse: On the other hand, there was more there than the last time I went, and a good crowd too.

And I did finally get together with TrainNut.:wave: His "coffee table" layouts are amazing. He also seems to be a prime mover in creating the club's N scale layout. He's done some really creative things there.

There was stuff there for all ages, N, HO, G and somewhere the Live Steamers club was giving rides to the kids. There was also a lineup of vintage cars right next to the swap meet tables. As you can tell, the Adobe Mountain Railroad Park is huge, some 160 acres dedicated to model railroading. Ya can't go wrong being there even if you don't get the bargins that Ray did. :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jim currie said:
sounds like i should have went to that show not the one i did :(
Yeah Jim, this beats the heck out of the one we went to, but even that one was better than the one TrainNut and I went to at the Italian-American Club.:eek: Honest, I waited in line 40 minutes for that one and was back out the door before TainNut even had a chance to check in. There are only two in Phoenix that I'll go to anymore, this one at Adobe Mountain, and the one at that church on Central Ave. if they ever have one there again.:confused: This one is fun because you at least are able to see a lot of trains, even if you can't find anything to buy.

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
If you ever decide to get rid of that Burlington Northern engine, give me a hollar. Looks and sounds like you did make a good haul. I plan to go to a show Apr 9 in DuPage County out here in IL