A Day On The A & T

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
As you may have guessed, the Alpine & Terlingua is my pride and joy! I thought I would chronicle a typical day (an operating session) on the A & T with photos. I don’t have a very good digital so close ups fall out of background focus, but what the heck. I thought some of you may want to follow along through the days or weeks that it takes to do this. My plan is to do a couple of photos for each “event” that occurs on a typical day at Alpine, along the main, at Edwards Sawmill #3, at the Cat Pause Mine, and finally at Terlingua. None will win a photo contest but maybe I can inspire some witha “working” railroad.

A day starts on the A & T with the hostlers servicing the engines, all 2-8-0's ................

Here is No.6 taking on water...........

Attachments

• attank.jpg
    attank.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 160

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
A Spin on the Turntable

After servicing all three engines are turned and ready fot a trek down the main to Terlingua. In a day or two I'll wake up the crew at the Edwards Mill.

Attachments

• hotsunny.jpg
    hotsunny.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 156

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Great presentation and beautiful pictures of your fine layout! I recall Model Railroader used to present many of its featured layouts in this "typical day's operations" format and I always enjoyed it. Thanks for the tour!
Ralph

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Wonderful idea, the "snapshots"! :cool:
I'll say it again, Cinibar...the layout is awesome!
:cool: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Thanks All!

Thanks for the comments guys, I surely do appreciate them all. And you are right Ralph, I’m sure my brain reached a few feet back in my sub-conscious and pulled the idea from good ol’ MR magazine. This will be a fun project and when I’m done I think I’ll put the pictures on a CD and have them printed for an album, then I’ll always have the A & T in pictures. Thanks again guys.

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
Day on the A & T

Hey all!

Don't let him fool you! He is one of the top notch modelers I have had the opportunity to meet! Also, a very dear friend.
He could win many a contest hands down! I lived in El Paso and met Jack in the mid-late 1990's. I was fortunate enough to have inherited his HO logging layout which has now been expande and become my Sasquatch & Bigfoot Northern Logging Company layout (check out my website for photos of Jack's work in HO). More photos of Jack A & T are also posted on my webpage.

Nice stuff as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Marc!
Welcome to The Gauge!
I saw some of "Cinibar's" photos on another forum, & I knew we had to get him over here to The Gauge...much more appreciative crowd here! ;) :D
His photos have been a big inspiration to me, since I'm trying to build an N scale layout set in roughly the same era as the A&T!