A Day On The A & T 2nd set

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Hi!
These photos won’t win any contests but they DO show how we operate on the A & T R.R.

Now that the engines have been serviced and things have been swapped at the sawmill, everyone grabs a cup of coffee and waits for ‘SPFEB’ which is the Southern Pacific’s eastbound freight out of El Paso (staging) headed east to San Antonio. It’s a “Peddler” so it makes many stops along the way setting out and picking up eastbound freight.

The first picture in this series of event(s) is the S.P.’s heavy 2-8-2 “Mike” chugging upgrade to Alpine.
:wave:

Attachments

• spupgrd.jpg
    spupgrd.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 169

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Swapping Cars

A & T’s Ol’ No.10 is normally assigned switching duties at Alpine yard. Here it has pulled out onto the main and coupled up to the cars to be dropped at Alpine. It takes the S.P. caboose with and the S.P. crew goes into the Yardmaster’s Office for coffee and waybill sorting.

Attachments

• pulmyts.jpg
    pulmyts.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 149

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The Eastbounds

With the set-outs pulled into track 3, Ol’ No.10 does a run-around, grabs the eastbound cars out of the eastbound holding track, and is in the process of pushing them out onto the main for the S.P. loco to back into them.

Attachments

• picups.jpg
    picups.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 146

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Adios!

No.10 sits idle as ‘SPFEB’ pulls out of Alpine on it’s way down the line to San Antonio (staging). Next to come will be the “All Stops” passenger train out of El Paso. Maybe over the Thanksgiving weekend I can get a couple more “events”.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
I guess Canada has already done that but you guys all have a great week also!
:wave:

Attachments

• splvng.jpg
    splvng.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks for the Thanksgiving well wishes and for the great pictures! You created a very believeable exhaust effect coming out of the stack!
Ralph

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Some more beautiful photos from A&T country!
Thanks for sharing!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Thanks!

Zeeglen, Ralph, and Charlie,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm having a lot of fun doing this and actually running the schedule while I do it all. The beauty of the car-card system - you can stop and when you start again, you know where you are. It will be pretty cool to have an entire "Day" on a CD when I get it all done. :D

marc gast

Nov 16, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
hometown.aol.com
S.P. Pacific (Model Power)

Saw one of the new Model Power Pacifics at the Lansing Model Railroad Club's train show /swap meet in Lansing, MI this past Sunday. Wow, very nice and I couldn't believe the carrying case it comes in. Reminds me of the good ol' Honer Harmonica cases. Way too cool! Lots of other great items there also (picked up another Little River 2-4-4-2 (Oriental Powerhouse model HO).
The LanTrak has a very well detail module group.
Waiting to see a through S.P. passenger train from El Paso through Terliqua soon. Your photos never fail to surprise me Jack. A work train would be fitting on the layout. Opps, the cat's out of the bag now. Check you mail box soon.
Marc