A cut-out book textile mill for the backdrop

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I bought this cut-out book a few years ago at Barnes and Noble for $6.95. Always planned to use it but wasn't sure how. I finally decided to use it to create a backdrop building in a space where there was only two inches between track and backdrop. I extended the original structure by using all four walls on one side. Add a couple of Walther's smoke stacks and an industry is born!
Ralph

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 200

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I reduced the size of the pic so we'll see if this works. I still have the out buildings and company houses. I might just use their windows for other backdrop structures. You get a lot in one book. I recall a farm buildings book next to this one on the rack. HO scale.

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 134

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Yep...

...that's what I'm after, a wall of wall!

$6.95, I like it, I like it alot! I love it at $6.95- cheaper at twice the price!

Mark:cool:

P.S. I owe my dad a debt of gratitude for his saying "cheaper at twice the price". One of those things you impart to many others and they repeat it if they get it. Thanks dad! Strong like Sh*t! Haaaaaaaaaaaa (That's another one of his)!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Cardboard - why not???

You put that cardboard 'kit' to very good use, Ralph.

How about using the left-over walls as templates for more detailed, 3d-buildings? You can glue wooden (or styrene) strips on 'wooden' walls, or embossed brick sheets on a 'brick wall'. Using the windows alone for a scratchbuild-project is also a good idea, however! :cool:

But the best thing is: Your post reminded me, that I also bought such a cut-out book way back in the '70s. So I did some digging into my lower bookshelves and - lo and behold! - I found it: The 'Cutout Book ( 20 H0 scale buildings)' by RMC, then even only $2! :rolleyes: :p :D

Thank you Ralph, for reactivating my memory banks!

Ron

BTW: We all know what can be done with cardboard! Look at he models of Robin (Matthyro)! :) :) :)