A community project

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ashrunner, Apr 15, 2007.

1. airbob

airbob Member

Siatki cone maker process....

Barry,
    Yes I took pictures of the process in making cone 5 and will put it in tomorrow...I need to crop and add dialogue to these shots...:wink:
  2. airbob

airbob Member

Siatki cone maker process....

Barry,
    Yes I took pictures of the process in making cone 5 and will put it in tomorrow...I need to crop and add dialogue to these shots...:wink:
  3. paul a

paul a Member

sorry about the other day had a lot go wrong .and took it out on you.I was wrong and I do apolajize. paul
  4. paul a

paul a Member

sorry about the other day had a lot go wrong .and took it out on you.I was wrong and I do apolajize. paul
  5. airbob

airbob Member

This is a very brief pictorial illustration of the Siatki cone designing process...1 you add the height and the width and length of the forward cone diameter (bulkhead)...(this is for cone 5, I believe)...2 you pick the geometrical configuration of this forward bulkhead...shown as an elipsoid...with greater width than height (illustration is just for type of geometry)....2a. this is showing the bulkhead with the measurements added.... 4. you add the height and width of the rear bulkhead....5 you add the offset that figures how the rear bulkhead sits vesus the front bulkhead...higher+..lower-...and left or right...this is added or deducted from this part of the cone disign process....6. shows the final cone 3D view....this should give you a good idea if your data added was correct....7..and finally you save the final flat cone pattern to files to be added to the project...
  6. airbob

airbob Member

This is a very brief pictorial illustration of the Siatki cone designing process...1 you add the height and the width and length of the forward cone diameter (bulkhead)...(this is for cone 5, I believe)...2 you pick the geometrical configuration of this forward bulkhead...shown as an elipsoid...with greater width than height (illustration is just for type of geometry)....2a. this is showing the bulkhead with the measurements added.... 4. you add the height and width of the rear bulkhead....5 you add the offset that figures how the rear bulkhead sits vesus the front bulkhead...higher+..lower-...and left or right...this is added or deducted from this part of the cone disign process....6. shows the final cone 3D view....this should give you a good idea if your data added was correct....7..and finally you save the final flat cone pattern to files to be added to the project...
  7. airbob

airbob Member

Siatki process

the last 2 pictures to illustrate this process...I hope this helps...it is fairly straight foreward....the program is easy to use...and can give you some very sophisicated results....:wink: .....Bob out...
  8. airbob

airbob Member

Siatki process

the last 2 pictures to illustrate this process...I hope this helps...it is fairly straight foreward....the program is easy to use...and can give you some very sophisicated results....:wink: .....Bob out...
  9. airbob

airbob Member

Cessna 337 fuselage (gross) completed!

OK this is the last 2 plates with the last 6 parts of the fuselage section of the Cessna 337....these are of course only the shapes, and are to be "finished" at a later date...with windshield added to the front part of section 7...I will lay down my gauntlet at this time....and see if any other souls out there are interested in maybe assembling these sections...(since this is a community project)....I have the more detailed plates in on my HD if anyone would want those...give me a personal mail request for that...:wink: ....Bob out for now...
  10. barry

barry Active Member

Siatki

Thanks Bob

regards
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wait... I think I've seen these things somewhere... Bob was it you who designed the Boeing 707?
  12. airbob

airbob Member

Nezard,
    Yes that was my doing.....
  13. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Well, I am back in the saddle again, so to speak. I have returned to the safety of my beloved central Oregon and all its volcanoes and left the alligators and water moccasins of Mitchell Lake in San Antonio behind.

It's good to see this thread is making progress. AirBob...thanks for keeping it alive and a bigger thanks for all your work on it. Before I answer a question brought up in the thread, I would like to ask you (AirBob) if you could provide a short explaination how you obtained the measurements of the 337. If I missed that post, sorry...I'll just back track a little better (tired from travel most of the day today...spent more time riding in cars than I did in aircraft).

As for the question of copying a part. The way I see it is if the model is being designed for FG, use of FG previously published parts is probably okay. For this project, I would like it to be a learning process for those who can't design, but would like to get a start in the process. Copying someone else's work doesn't teach the process. Besides, it appears to me to be the same thing as copying a paragraph straight out of a book to answer a test question.

Let's make this an original design.

As for color scheme, anything goes. That is also part of the design process. The repainters here can tackle the Skymaster in any form they desire. Just show how you did what you did...like split markings between sections, and things like that.

Remember...the final design will go into the Parts Bin for anyone and their dream 337 can be a reality.

Now, I am going to punch out and get some badly needed rest. 8v)
  14. airbob

airbob Member

Ash,
    The measurements were obtained by putting in the original 3 vue drawing into photoshop....measuring those (done in Photoshop CS) and then enlarging those measurements till they apporoximate the 1:48 scale measurements....sometimes you have to stretch on measurements...say you enlarge the thing based on overalll length and then find that when the 3 vue diagram is then measured that the overall length is OK but the wingspan is about 5% short on the above measurement...then you "stretch" the height or length (measurement only) say height to 105% and leave the width at 100%to get your final measurement that is correct in both length and wingspan...all done in Photoshop CS....I could show this process in pictures...but I don't have the digital camera with me...and do not have Photo CS on this computer...
  15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Good description Bob.

Have you tried screen capture in Windows? Hit shift + "Print Screen" and your entire screen is dumped to the clipboard. Then paste as a new image in your favorite graphics program. Works great. I noticed the Siatki screens could have benefited from that process.

Soon as I recover from the travel hours, I'll dig my spurs (dang that Tex-talk) into the tail fins of this little gem and see what I can come up with. Wings and things like that are my biggest problem which is holding back several aircraft I have designed which currently are wingless.
  16. airbob

airbob Member

screendump

Ash,
    Aw, now you tell me!.....(actually I suspected there was some little secret like this that was available)....yes it would have made it much easier....will try this in the future to save time....:oops:
  17. airbob

airbob Member

Alright,.....Just where the "hexx" is the "clipboard"?....I realize that this a very basic question....and if it was a Texas Diamondback sitting at my ankle , he would already have bitten me!!!...my ignorance embarrasses me....but it is "honest" ignorance! at least...:twisted: ....
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Bob........... I don't think you can actually get to the clipboard......... but if you go into PAINT you can paste (Ctrl + V) into it and save as JPG or BMP.........
  19. rickstef

rickstef Guest

in previous versions of windows, it would sit on your accessories tab on your start menu

but in reality, the clipboard is just a section of free space on your computer, when data like that can be copied to, and then pasted into another program.

to see this in action.

hit shift-printscreen or printscreen by itself, open your favorite document writer software, and do a paste.

Rick
  20. airbob

airbob Member

Now that I look at thing a little closer the forward fuselage portion and engine cover (can't think of the name) ...actually the whole fuselage!, are more gently rounded square bulkheads....this could be redone to give a more correct approximate shape...I shall work on this in my spare time at home beginning this evening....as I find the time...:wink: