A community project

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ashrunner, Apr 15, 2007.

1. airbob

airbob Member

This is the 3 view drawing done at approximate 1:48 scale...I had to stretch some of the patterns to match since the scale drawing was somewhat off...they usually are....this is somewhat of a start!:wink: and also the specification sheet mirroring ashes measurements....
  2. airbob

airbob Member

This is the 3 view drawing done at approximate 1:48 scale...I had to stretch some of the patterns to match since the scale drawing was somewhat off...they usually are....this is somewhat of a start!:wink: and also the specification sheet mirroring ashes measurements....
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Airbob....they were the second things I did here. I love breakfast tacos. When I was assigned to Kelly in 85-88, once a week, I would stop at a corner taco stand on my way to work and pick up tacos for my troops...even got some for my boss. Damn fine eating they be.

Well folks...I check in to see how the project is coming along, and I see there is no life to it since I left to San Antone. Maybe bringing this to the front will breath new life into it.

I'll be here until Apr 30 and I'll check in then. I hope I ain't the only reason this idea has hung on so long. Is anyone working on any parts to the model?

Got two days of thunderstorms coming and very few good nature shots. My final three days in town look to be good days...so I won't check in again until I return home.

Until then, have fun folks...
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Airbob....they were the second things I did here. I love breakfast tacos. When I was assigned to Kelly in 85-88, once a week, I would stop at a corner taco stand on my way to work and pick up tacos for my troops...even got some for my boss. Damn fine eating they be.

Well folks...I check in to see how the project is coming along, and I see there is no life to it since I left to San Antone. Maybe bringing this to the front will breath new life into it.

I'll be here until Apr 30 and I'll check in then. I hope I ain't the only reason this idea has hung on so long. Is anyone working on any parts to the model?

Got two days of thunderstorms coming and very few good nature shots. My final three days in town look to be good days...so I won't check in again until I return home.

Until then, have fun folks...
  5. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

theres a dodgey stephen king flick with one of these in it but in all over black and red
  6. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

theres a dodgey stephen king flick with one of these in it but in all over black and red
  7. sakrison

sakrison Member

While you're considering color schemes for the 337, don't forget the Oscar Deuce--same airframe, a few extra windows, antennas, and hard points.
    --David
  8. sakrison

sakrison Member

While you're considering color schemes for the 337, don't forget the Oscar Deuce--same airframe, a few extra windows, antennas, and hard points.
    --David
  9. airbob

airbob Member

Cessna 337 progress...

Ash,
    I'm working on fuselage measurements now...I will post the finished data whan I completed it...this data will be used for making the cones to complete the fuselage form (sideview and top view)...and make sure that you fill up on taco soup at the Alamo Cafe while you're there....you can't come home without it!!!:cry: ...Bob out...
  10. airbob

airbob Member

Cessna 337 progress...

Ash,
    I'm working on fuselage measurements now...I will post the finished data whan I completed it...this data will be used for making the cones to complete the fuselage form (sideview and top view)...and make sure that you fill up on taco soup at the Alamo Cafe while you're there....you can't come home without it!!!:cry: ...Bob out...
  11. airbob

airbob Member

Finished Measurements For Cessna Fuselage!

Ok youse' guys...I finished the measurements that will allow me to begin to form the fuselage cones on the Siatki cone program...you have to have the height, width, and vertical offset of each section which I have figured on the 1:48 to scale diagram of the fuselage...these measurements will now go into the Siatki cone program to figure the configuration of each of the noted cones as shown in this diagram...I did not finish all the length measurements...will finish this later...this is a start!:wink:
  12. airbob

airbob Member

Finished Measurements For Cessna Fuselage!

Ok youse' guys...I finished the measurements that will allow me to begin to form the fuselage cones on the Siatki cone program...you have to have the height, width, and vertical offset of each section which I have figured on the 1:48 to scale diagram of the fuselage...these measurements will now go into the Siatki cone program to figure the configuration of each of the noted cones as shown in this diagram...I did not finish all the length measurements...will finish this later...this is a start!:wink:
  13. airbob

airbob Member

Buy the way this was done in the Photoshop CS program...expensive but most excellent!
  14. airbob

airbob Member

Buy the way this was done in the Photoshop CS program...expensive but most excellent!
  15. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I've got a silly question that might get me a collective beating.

Some background first though: I've had plans to design this model for Fiddlersgreen for a while, and thus have collected pictures of several versions from several air museums. I just have to find them now.

Now for the lesson:
    When doing a design for FG, as I start on a model, the first thing I do is try to see if any part on the model is similar to an already existing FG Model. For example: the foreward fuselage of the Skymaster might be similar to one of the FG Cessna's, so all you'd have to do is borrow that part, and the designing is already done, except for refining. Same for the wings.

I actually haven't done this yet, because I'm working on the Martin B-10 for Chip, and that sucker had to start from scratch.

Now for the question: Does this count as cheating?

*ducks back into hiding*
  16. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I've got a silly question that might get me a collective beating.

Some background first though: I've had plans to design this model for Fiddlersgreen for a while, and thus have collected pictures of several versions from several air museums. I just have to find them now.

Now for the lesson:
    When doing a design for FG, as I start on a model, the first thing I do is try to see if any part on the model is similar to an already existing FG Model. For example: the foreward fuselage of the Skymaster might be similar to one of the FG Cessna's, so all you'd have to do is borrow that part, and the designing is already done, except for refining. Same for the wings.

I actually haven't done this yet, because I'm working on the Martin B-10 for Chip, and that sucker had to start from scratch.

Now for the question: Does this count as cheating?

*ducks back into hiding*
  17. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

That's the same thing I originally had in mind, only I was planning on using the Slovenskie Telecom version. Is it cheating? Yes. But, a former supervisor of mine once told me "A good designer is a talented thief. Why redraw something that already exists?" In the case of paper models I can think of a number of reasons, but in this case....:roll:

Scott K.
  18. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

That's the same thing I originally had in mind, only I was planning on using the Slovenskie Telecom version. Is it cheating? Yes. But, a former supervisor of mine once told me "A good designer is a talented thief. Why redraw something that already exists?" In the case of paper models I can think of a number of reasons, but in this case....:roll:

Scott K.
  19. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Hey, I guess I missed this thread. San Antonio is a great place to live! - I could be a bit biased though.
    Neat project. If I had a tad bit more time I'd try to do some part.

Ryan
  20. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Hey, I guess I missed this thread. San Antonio is a great place to live! - I could be a bit biased though.
    Neat project. If I had a tad bit more time I'd try to do some part.

Ryan