A Christmas Story

wileymc

Dec 18, 2002
Manchaca, TX (South Austin)
Visit site
After a few layout problems got my Bachmann G running around the Christmas tree and proudly called in grandsons for a grand introduction. There comments were, "Look a sidewalk!," "Papa where's the whistle?" "What's it's name?" "Papa it has to have a name!" "Why can't Thomas and Henry ride on track?" "I want to push the train!" "Papa your train doesn't have a face." "Nana where are the marshmallows?". Merry Christmas to all

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Blow your own horn

Wiley:
You should be able to get a little square wooden railway whistle at your hobby shop or toy shop. Trick will be confining your grandkids to blowing it in the train room.
By all means, give it a name.
Tell the kids that the engines only have faces on the island of Sodor -- on the mainland they disappear. (Check the original Thomas books for this.)

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
The title for this thread is kinda funny if you think about the program they show on TV around this time. You know its about a kid named Ralphy (Ralphie?) that wants a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas. And when he tells every one (including Santa) that all he ever wants is the BB gun, they tell him "You'll shoot your eye out!"

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by PennRailRoads
The title for this thread is kinda funny if you think about the program they show on TV around this time. You know its about a kid named Ralphy (Ralphie?) that wants a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas. And when he tells every one (including Santa) that all he ever wants is the BB gun, they tell him "You'll shoot your eye out!"

That's our favorite quote/response when our kids ask us to buy them something we don't want them to have... no matter what it is..

Ex.: You don't want that $50.00 doll -- you'll shoot your eye out!! ROFL they always get the message that they ain't gonna get it from us.. :) :)

The -- BTTFIII "Time machine" quote is really a good sig. :D

~~Mikey

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Thanks N Gauger! :D

I got the idea to add the BTT3 quote on my sig cause frankly Doc did steal that loco.

Wiley, that lamp was a leg lamp, Ralphs dad "won" it as a prize. Then his mother broke it cause she didn't like it. To quote her: "That's the ugliest lamp I have ever seen in my life!"