A cardboard power company

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ever since JMARKSBERY posted photos of his Shamus Power Company I've wanted to add a power plant along the river on my layout. Mid River Power and Light is simply a carboard box covered with $4.00 of plastic brick sheet. The windows are made from plastic yarn grid and are applied to the structure with double sided scotch tape that also creates a glazing.

I still need to landscape around the foundation and create an array of transformers and wires on the platform to the right of the building. Here's how its looking right now....
Ralph

Attachments

• midriver2.jpg
    midriver2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 242

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
An excellent structure Ralph. Can you tell us a bit more about the plastic yarn grid you used for the windows please? What is it and where did you get it?
Thanks

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Oh! Thanks Tyson. The building's overall size is 13" by 5". The area in the water is 7" X 5". The plastic grid I ued for windows comes in 13.5 X 10.5 inch sheets. I bought it at Michael's a while ago. I believe it comes in several colors and is only a couple bucks a sheet...enough for a sky scraper's worth of windows. :) Here's a pic of the brand name label on the plastic mesh.
Ralph

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 210