A Breakfast Train Treat!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Some freinds invited Susan and me to join them for breakfast at a restaurant we hadn't eaten at before. They promised we would liike it, me especially, but wouldn't say why. It was Sunsets in Wayzata MN, near the shore of Lake Minnetonka. It is a nice restaurant with a great breakfast menu and a beautiful view of the lake....but there's more! The BNSF's Wayzata Division has tracks right behind the restaurant along the shore of the lake. While we were eating between 9:00 and 10:30 two trains rolled by within several feet of our window! The first was a long unit train of empty coal hoppers heading west led by three pumkin schemed BNSF locos. Ten minutes later a mixed freight led by a silver and red war bonnet scheme and a former BN green unit rolled by heading east. Must have been waiting on a siding for the unit train to clear. My friends were right; I DID enjoy the restaurant!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
why cant ALL resteraunts be like that,it would be taking "dinner and a show" to an unprecidented level! cool stuff ralph --josh

nhguy

May 14, 2003
Sugar City,Colorado
rides.webshots.com
We have one in Colorado Spring, CO. I love to go to. It's called Giuseppe's Old Depot Restaurant . It's the former Denver & Rio Grande RR station built in the 1871. Built along the Joint Line. The frieght house next to it houses offices and stores and the BNSF stations a GP40 switcher there for the local switching and yard chores. They maintain an office next door to the depot. The freights keep rolling by all times of the day. Fun to watch. The food is great and the scenery is excellent.

http://www.giuseppes-depot.com/generalinfo.htm