A "Big" layout ?

docsnavely

Sep 20, 2004
Zushi, Japan
YakkoWarner said:
sore wa densha ikura? honto ni? takaiyo ne!!!
where does this train go? really? (you lost me here) I'm in trouble?
:D That train is how much? Really? That's expensive!!!

I know, it's lame, but that's about the most complex I can get!:rolleyes: :D

-doc

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Pitchwife said:
Face it everyone. The only way to make sure that you have an adequate train room is to design your house yourself and build it in the plans. That's what I did. Now all I have to do is win the lottery so that I can actually build it. :D :D :D
Word of advice,
calulate :confused: the RR stuff you have, then anticipate:rolleyes: , what you will add, then make a want/wish list,;) Go back to your plans and see if the math work! then just in case DOUBLE the size of the train room. and win two lotteries..:D :D :D ...have a good one.. steve

P.S I built a train shed, I wish I had tripled its size....

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
I haven't been in Japan since '93. I thought "iku" was the verb "to go." "Densha wa doko desuka?" was the first Japanese phrase I learned. A very important phrase to know. "Yokosuka o ikutai." was the second. (I lived in Yokosuka)

Actually got to practice a little bit of my Japanese languange skills a few weeks ago, when two reps from one of our machine manufacturers were in our plant to oversee the start-up of a new press. Was suprised at how much I remembered and even more suprised at how much I had forgotten. The basics were still there but I know I sounded like a three year old with a speach impediment. We all had several good laughs at some interesting mangleling. The best one (I thought) was mixing up the words for husband and prisoner. They are way too similar for it to be a coincidence.

docsnavely

Sep 20, 2004
Zushi, Japan
YakkoWarner said:
I haven't been in Japan since '93. I thought "iku" was the verb "to go." "Densha wa doko desuka?" was the first Japanese phrase I learned. A very important phrase to know. "Yokosuka o ikutai." was the second. (I lived in Yokosuka)

Actually got to practice a little bit of my Japanese languange skills a few weeks ago, when two reps from one of our machine manufacturers were in our plant to oversee the start-up of a new press. Was suprised at how much I remembered and even more suprised at how much I had forgotten. The basics were still there but I know I sounded like a three year old with a speach impediment. We all had several good laughs at some interesting mangleling. The best one (I thought) was mixing up the words for husband and prisoner. They are way too similar for it to be a coincidence.
lol! Iku is "to go". I don't understand it all that much either! I've been here for 4 years now, and I'm always learning something everyday. I'll say something, then my wife will hit me upside the head, so i know it's wrong and i ask for clarification! I as you used to, work in yokosuka. I live in one of the housing annexes (it's new since you left) called Ikego heights. It's in Zushi city. Anyways, enough of my off topic conversations! Sorry guys!:rolleyes:

-doc