88's Second Gauge RR Car

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Here it is. The second one of my Gauge Railroad cars. Just finished it today.
Mike....Its a 65'mill gondola #705370. I picked the zero, because protypically the first car is numbered "0". Don't ask me why, but everytime I read information on real cars they always say"So and So railroad bought twenty cars numbered 0000-0019."

Attachments

• mill gon.jpg
    mill gon.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 111

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Very swappy, 88. I'll add it to the OER tonite when i get home. I'd like to ask you another question if I may. I've got two tank cars to letter for The Gauge Railway - how many should I order of the Microscale Railroad Roman and tank lettering decals ????

As per many tank cars at the time, I'm planning on painting it a dark color (black or dark blue), and then use reporting marks only, no logo / slogan / railroad name spelled out. Right now I'm thinking one Roman Railroad and two tank car decals.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
88, thats a great looking gondola for the gauge railroad, and I also love the blue. Did you mix up that blue?
Shamus

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thanks everyone.....
Mike, One sheet of Railroad roman should be good if your doing just reporting marks....I just ordered three of them....I like a couple on hand in case I mess up, though there is plenty of letters and numbers.
Shamus, Its from a spray can. Testors makes it in there "Team Racing" line.Its called"Quality Care Racing Blue" I was gonna do a Dale Jarrett Quality Care #88(hence the eightyeightfan) stock car model, then he got sponsership from UPS. I had the color on the shelf and gave it a shot, I like it a lot. The pictures don't do it justice, You should see the color on a car. Nice.......

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Thanks everyone.....
Mike, One sheet of Railroad roman should be good if your doing just reporting marks....I just ordered three of them....I like a couple on hand in case I mess up, though there is plenty of letters and numbers.

Ok, so perhaps I am dense. Where do I get the decal lettering? I seem to be having a rough time this week (see my post on general about my new N-Gauge set for further) and I can't find it anywhere.

HELP! :eek:

Michael

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Mike,

1stplacehobbies.com has them cheaper. The packs that go for $5+ regularly, go for $3+ on 1stplace.

This is where I get my microscale decals at. However, if they are sold out at the time, I go to Walthers.

88Fan, any chance you can post a closer version of your car? I can't really make out the numbers on the car. The last car you did was perfect-picture that is.

Later.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Wolv,
I tried to get a better picture. This was the best. As you can see, its already earning its keep delivering Christmas presents on the Xmas Village layout.

Attachments

• gon1.jpg
    gon1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 50