77Railer is in P.A.

77railer

Hey gang,

Im up here in P.A. currently in Jim Thorpe and Tamaqua. Will be here till Wednesday and looking for trains to watch and possibly models to visit. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. If anyone wants to hookup while Im up here pm me your number and I will call, always looking foward to meeting more Gauge members. I did manage to take some shots yesterday of the line entering Jim Thorpe near the old train depot. They have a rather large HO layout in the building across the street from the depot. Charge is $3 but its worth it. I will try to get back up tomorrow to take some pics of that. In the meantime here are some not so legal yet not illegal pictures of some oldies. Hope you enjoy and will holler at me so I can see some more. After posting these pics Im traveling to downtown Tamaqua to look at some more trains and will post more pics :)

P.S. Over in Bowmanstown at 529 Ore Street from 1:00-5:00pm the Carbon Model Railroad Society is having an open house. Sounds like fun.

77Railer

77railer

Pics and more pics :)

Attachments

• station.jpg
    station.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 15

77railer

Pics and more...

Attachments

• Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 11

77railer

pics and more...

Attachments

• Picture 070.jpg
    Picture 070.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 12

Jac's Lines

You're about 1 hour away from the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA. This is a truly amazing museum with lots of old locos and cars, a roundhouse where they restore old steam, and great interpretive displays. It's 100% worth the drive if you've got the time.

http://www.nps.gov/stea/

ezdays

Out AZ way
Great pics. Would like to keep them in mind when I get around to doing some weathering.:thumb:

77railer

Well.... I rode down to bowmanstown with my uncle to visit the Carbon Model Railroad Society's open house. They are a nice bunch of guys and have a nice layout started. While I was there I picked up some goodies. 4 athearn coal hoppers and an athearn gondola...the gondola is already weathered and looks nice. I will try to post a pic later.

I also went with a cousin down to Tamaqua to see a train station that was in disarray and luckily saved by a group of townspeople from being destroyed completely. They have totally restored the station outside and in and I will have pics following. It was amazing to look at the pictures from the early 1900's and then walk through the place that was identical to the pics....I was floored. I hope to get back down and see more...

MIKEY CALLED and hopefully if I can get my duties in Jim Thorpe squared away we can meet up and see some more trains. More to follow.....

77Railer

fastlane

Try Roadside America. Different size trains. About 6 or 7 miles from Cabelas. Both could use up your whole day. near rte. 61 and 78.

hey 77railer i live in lancaster PA. i have been up to all those sites up there they are really something. yes Cabelas is a huge place and a cool place to visit.

77railer

No I only took those two pics...sorry. But I do have more pictures of other sites I saw while I was up there. Back in SC now. Met mikey...that was awsome..saw the accella train. That thing books.

77Railer