56 Ford Customline

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by cgutzmer, Sep 22, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey all! I really want to build one of these for my dad for christmas. Any budding designers willing to take up the challenge of creating this for me? :D He had the blue and white version - note it was the lower end model and did not have the big tire thing on the trunk. I wouldnt be looking for anything super detailed (though of course the more the better) ;) Pics are attached though I havent had much luck finding three view drawings or anything aside from these pics. :(
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

my bad - its actually green like the custom1 picture (the rusty one) :) though his wasnt rusty!
    Chris
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well I suppose thats a no, ah well. Maybe I will have to take a stab at it, on to reading more threads to figure out where to start! :)
    Chris
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

If you have a camera, you can take pics of all sides, top, front, back...then splice together to make a very realistic cardmodel. I have not done this yet, but I have seen it done (even have a couple models designed this way) and it is quite effective.
  5. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Actually that method works out fairly well for a starter design. Then can detail it a lot more, as you go. I have a bunch like this that I put together for my daughter she loves them. Especially when built at a larger scale. Like Barbie car scale. Usually make them out of cardboard backing and then glue the image shots to the carboard. That way they can take a beating and still look okay.
  6. pgutzmer

pgutzmer New Member

Chris - Let's take a drive someday. maybe we can find one of these sitting in a field somewhere. We can take our cameras and a step ladder, and get the views we need.
    Dad
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well hey dad! Its about darn time you posted :D Wouldnt you rather have a build of a nice one? :) gotta be one ou there somewhere!
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Mark, here is my original request thread - I will be seeing my dad today and will ask him about these specifics you asked for. I have real photos of the cordoba somewhere (pre and post accident) I will create a thread for those too - maybe you can document how you design one :) I will checkout your pics today too. Had a friend that had an old studebaker pickup :)

Two Cordobas (one for me, one for my Dad) are next up after the Magnum. If you can e-mail any pics of yours to papercraftcars@aol.com, I could use them as reference for my model. Also, the '56 Ford is one of my favorites, too. Again, please e-mail me with details (shade of green, arrangement of colors, 4 door or two door, hardtop or sedan). See the cardmodelers' gallery for two Studebakers I did on commission: the 1964 Avanti, and the 1953 Starliner. The people for whom I built them were impressed.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Talked to my dad and the rusty one is pretty much it. Meadowmist green. four door sedan all one color.

I have not been able to find a pic of my 78 cordoba. I can describe it though - all black, landau top. Red cloth interior and Hurricane Rims (black in between the spokes)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I must add the only thing remaining of this car is the hood ornament. I hit a tree and totalled it :( knocked out all my front teeth and they had to use the jaws of life to pop the roof and doors to get my friend and I out.....
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks so much for this! It will totally make his day :) The car was in good shape and his brother sold it when he was away in the military.... :(
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The ones that are on there are strange rubberized hubcaps that come stock. Mine were aluminum racing rims I purchased myself. Similar style with the radiating spokes though.

For the ford number 3 is good :) Be happy to pay ya some for the effort too. No idea what the going rate is :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sounds good, I will build with my own cardstock though :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wheels and interior would be super awesome! I liked those Coronets :)
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes, its acceptable - why wouldnt it be? :D
    Let me know if I missed answering anything! :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You guys have a good one too - if you do figure a way to get out of that darn honey-do list let me know - maybe we can patent it and make a mint :)
    Chris
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Mark designed it for me! I built it :) I modified the color a bit cause my scanner had some issues with making the colors come out the same. Also added a couple minor details like simple treads on the tires.

First, here is a pic of my dad with the finished product!
    [​IMG]Picasa Web Albums - cgutzmer - 56 Ford

Build photos to follow soon :)

*edit* I cant link properly to these dang picasa web albums where it will show the pic here..... look at the album for now and will try to update later... :(
    Chris
  18. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

Chris,

I was able to transfer some of your Picasa photos to my own computer files. Here they are. I hope this helps for showing some build photos.

Attached Files:

19. Mark Crowel

Mark Crowel Member

And a few more.

Photos of your finished work. Nice job!

Attached Files:

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

cool :) my dad still displays it! and prolly always will :D