4x8 Layout Photo Site

up_santafe

Hi all,

Thought I would finally share some photos of my 4x8 HO layout before demolition this spring.

This layout has a lot of action for its size and it is not uncommon to find 5 consists running at once. (Thanks to DCC)

The plan is in the works for a new 6x11 and hopefully much of this layout can be salvaged. Though the plan is quite different.

This was my first layout attempt in 40 years (when I was 13 I had a 4x8 with an oval and couple switches) and was good practice for the next one. No more curves under 22" or turnouts less than #6's. As you can see, I like to run big steam and mu'd F7s.

Let me know what you think. Criticism accepted, sometimes an outsider can see things I don't. Enjoy!
icon_smile.gif

Ray

http://community.webshots.com/user/up_santafe

jtbterri

This layout has a lot of action for its size and it is not uncommon to find 5 consists running at once.

And I thought that I had a lot worked into a 9x5. From the layout sketch that was posted with your pictures it appears that you used sectional track, i.e., E-Z track or TrueTrack, correct? If so, even more impressive given the constraints of working with fixed lengths and radii.

:thumb: George

up_santafe

George,

All Atlas Code 100 Sectional track except for one piece of flex that was used to fill in where sectional wouldn't in two places. Next Layout in the works is 6x11 using Kato Unitrack.

Ray