4x4 Off Road add-ons.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Nice job!!. Next time you do some wheels, make a coil of paper the thickness of the desired of wheel, and with this really long coil, you will be able to line up the sides better. Another method is to make tabs that go on the outside of the side pieces, and incorporate them into a tread pattern. :) Nice model to accessorize. It needs an interior really bad. there's a Jurassic Park Jeep that has an interior, it's an "ABC" model. It's ll over the web. I downloaded it and wondered how they could claim copyright when they had nothing indicating they had permission from the studio that produced Jurassic Park, nor did they have permission from Chrysler, who produces Jeep. This kind of double standard irks me, and I do not consider anyone posting this model as anything but the model of a jeep being posted. It looks like this:

ABC Jeep.jpg

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
I seem to have trouble with tires, but still trying. Zathros you must be a mind reader. A model got me started designing, but I was told it was pirated. So that is when I decided to use the one in this thread. I had already built the other model. After building it I became obsessive. I recolored it Green with black mirrors, and hinges. Then I wanted off road bumpers.... :wink: so I tried designing. Then model below got me designing. Hope posting it will not get me in trouble.:(

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
I wanted to show better details of the rims. The parts in the build are 1/24 scale, and I also did templates in 1/18 scale. Rebuilding the parts in 1/18 scale for the instruction PDF. I do better with bigger parts.

Jeep parts 16.jpg

Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I seem to have trouble with tires, but still trying. Zathros you must be a mind reader. A model got me started designing, but I was told it was pirated. So that is when I decided to use the one in this thread. I had already built the other model. After building it I became obsessive. I recolored it Green with black mirrors, and hinges. Then I wanted off road bumpers.... :wink: so I tried designing. Then model below got me designing. Hope posting it will not get me in trouble.:(

View attachment 157017 View attachment 157018 View attachment 157019

There you go. I imagine with the plethora of Jeep models out there, you should have no trouble making one representative of the real thing. :)

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
UPDATE: Sorry it took me so long. I finished building the 1/18th scale parts, and I have started numbering parts and making a instrructiion PDF. The first picture is the real life bumpers my designs are based on. The other pictures are from the 1/18th scale build. I said that I do better with bigger parts. Hoping to finish soon.

01.jpg 20170316_184717.jpg 20170316_230540.jpg 00.jpg

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Sorry, but instructions is going to take longer than I thought. Just spent three days, and nights in the hospital with my wife. Tomorrow she having a upper and lower GI. Went in because her left arm and chest was hurting. They put her on heart monitor, and did a chest x-ray plus cardiogram. Didn't find anything except her blood was a 7.2 when it should be 11. Working on 8 hours of sleep. I wll get back on the instructions when things get back to normal.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
@blake7 The Jeep with the interior looks really good!

I hope that your wife pulls through with flying colours and that there is nothing seriously wrong with her. Both you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.