4-21-07 Weekend Modeling Plans?

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
What is everyone doing this weekend?

Me, I plan on adding more frog feeders and point feeders to the switches, I'll probably build a few boxcar kits (accurail and concor), and operate the trains a bit. I also need to do some work on car cards and waybills.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Only a few plans. I hope to finish "kitbashing" a loco that I've been converting and I might get to run my trains on one evening. After a very wintry April in Ontario, the weather's finally turned springlike (sunny and into the 70s), so I think I'll be outside a bit more. Rob

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
I was planning on working on my kitbuild challenge project, but my wife says I'm gonna do the yard work this weekend!

Gary S. said:
is that just a small interchange yard, or a full-on major classification yard?
sign1sign1sign1sign1

We probably shouldn't ask for a description of the yard goat. :D:D:D

waredbear

Mar 13, 2007
Spokane Valley, WA
SPEND MONEY $$$$$$$

I just came from the hobby store where I bought 5 lengths of HO flex track, 5 length of H flex track and cork to do under all of it. I also picked up some tack joints, a rail saw and a couple of X's for a figure 8.

I'm currenly watching a train set on E-Bay...I might really be in trouble by the time I get home. :thumb:

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Well, I want pictures of what everyone accomplishes! So far this evening, I got point feeders to 3 switches and frog feeders to 4. I'll get back to work tomorrow afternoon.

waredbear

Mar 13, 2007
Spokane Valley, WA
Here is a picture of the train set that I bought last night for $98. I am pumped!!! I've wanted a Great Northern Empire Builder set for so loonngg. The E-8's are out of my date range of the 50's but I will use them until I can get my hands on a F7 or E3.

Now to go to work on my coffee table set-up. I will post pictures as I go along.

In His Service,
Reid

489772.jpg

Note: This passenger line is NOT for the coffee table lay-out. I have a Dewitt and a Prairie Flyer for that. Both are short and can take the tight curves.

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
Gary S. said:
Well, I want pictures of what everyone accomplishes!
You want pictures of the bushes I trimmed plus the two I yanked out of the bed? :confused::confused::confused:

You can quit laughing anytime, scubadude. :eek:ops:

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
I'm exhausted. So far, I have spent 4 hours putting in the frog feeders and point feeders. Still got a few more to go. :rolleyes:

My P2K GP30 pulled 34 of the 6 ounce cars without even straining. The starting was also very smooth. I am liking them more and more.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Our club held a Symposium today. We rented a cafeteria off a rec centre. It was like a small train show, but not open to the public. A lot of demostrations, some sales tables, a bunch of not-ready-for-prime-time layouts and a set of talks/discussions. This included scenery, Kadee couplings for British stock and DCC for British trains. (did you guess we have a slight bias?) I did my cardboard building kits again (i'm still working on one wall of an engine shed) while two O-gauge guys spent the day installing one of those wire couplings with magnets (end of day: 2 couplings possibly installed), O gauge running, G gauge or #1 gauge, a TT-3 layout and 2 (!) Trix Twin layouts.
And the club provided lunch for everyone!
Note on Trix Twin: the first track/train system to successfully exploit plastic track bases. 3 rails, all insulated, using the centre rail as common and one of the outside rails for return to allow independent control of 2 trains on one track (and a third using overhead wire).

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
60103 said:
Note on Trix Twin: the first track/train system to successfully exploit plastic track bases. 3 rails, all insulated, using the centre rail as common and one of the outside rails for return to allow independent control of 2 trains on one track (and a third using overhead wire).
I received a Trix Twin set for Xmas when I was six or seven. Haven't thought about that for a long time. Funny thing, I remember the switch controls clearer than anything else.