304 Church St

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
When City Classics came out with their Railroad St company houses, I'd thought it would be cool to do my 'hood. There are four company houses on my street that were built at the turn of the century(The last one). Here's a picture of the first one(Which happens to be mine).In the last hundred years its been highly modified inside and out. The enclosed porch being the most prominent feature.

Attachments

• my house.jpg
    my house.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 234

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
To get the windows right, I had to cut off a quarter inch from the bottom and put it on what was suppose to be the tops of the side walls. Then filed down the window sills.
Here's an inside shot showing the cuts I had to make.

Attachments

• pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 228

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Since the City Classics house was a scale five feet narrower than mine, I had to eliminate one of the front porch doors(Which will eventually happen on the prototype) and added a window on the side.

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 226

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Its not "Board by Board", but I think I captured the essence of the prototype. Some paint and the roofs and it will be ready to sceneic.
By the way, the prototype has that blue-gray plastic siding. Any suggestions for paint?

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 226

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Kewl

Great work 88! That porch roof looks like it's going to be a bit tricky with that corner angle but I'm sure you'll manage it.

Now, don't you listen to Jon! What you need is plastic people that look like you and the rest of your clan to put in that house.

And just think, when your lovely wife next asks when you're going to paint the porch, or fix the fence....you can say "honey - I just did!" Yep, the possibilities are endless!

cheers
:D Val

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
What a great idea! Looks like its coming along real well! Now I want to model my house on the layout some where. Maybe put a model railroad in the basement. :) Nice work 88!
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Its Finished!

Well....just finished my house tonight. Now I can start on the rest of the street.
Here's a picture of the finished model.

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 82