3-foot long Pillar of Autumn?! (Now with Pictures!!!)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RocketmanTan, May 8, 2010.

1. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Well, I have decided to make a Pillar of Autumn that's 3 feet long. Hopefully, it won't turn out to be one big giant failure (although it's definitely going to put a dent in my cardstock reserves!). This will probably be my longest and most ambitious model project yet! Wish me luck!
    --Bryan "opposite over adjacent" Tan
  2. RocketmanTan

Progress Report

The engine section is done. It's basically a sh:cry:tload of cylinders and the engine "cowling". Next will be the main hull section (and, if it's scientifically possible), a set of hangar bays
  3. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Pics, or it didn't happen! :mrgreen:
  4. RocketmanTan

lol, yeah, it's probably about time I posted some pics. Here are some pics of the "prettiest" sheets that I have so far. Here are the parts in order: One HALF of an engine, the top engine cowling, and the lower engine cowling with whatever the hell is supposed to be on the rear part of the hull...
    Sorry for the small size of the pics...dunno what happened when I uploaded them sign1

Attached Files:

5. RocketmanTan

Almost done!

I have finished the engine section, main hull, and engineering. All that's left are the bridge section, and the MAC muzzle.
  6. RocketmanTan

Just a few more parts...

Well, the model is now almost complete, the MAC muzzle is all that's left. As of now, the model takes up 16 pages :confused:... I will hopefully complete this thing in a few more hours.
  7. RocketmanTan

...and finished!

Phew! That took a lot of work! 17 pages overrall, and countless parts. I couldn't make a hangar bay, let alone the bridge. For my own purposes, I made the model Black and White. if there are those with a bottomless pit of ink cartridges, I will post a color version of the model. However, I have to test build now...wish me luck!
  8. RocketmanTan

Also, I'll be kinda busy with work unrelated to this model, so I probably won't do a step-by-step build report
  9. RocketmanTan

finished!!!

Test build is complete, and I'll have to say, I'm satisfied with the result...Granted, there's some work to be done before the little guys is ready for download, but nevertheless, it will all be worth it. I'll post pictures tomorrow...time for me to hit the sack
  10. RocketmanTan

Pictures!

Here are pictures of the Autumn. I feel that this model is the most professional looking model I've designed so far, and I hope that you feel the same. As for the model's construction...I could have done better...:curse:

Attached Files:

11. RocketmanTan

Wow...I just realized that I put the engine cowling on backwards...If anyone wants, I'll repost pictures with the CORRECT cowling position
  12. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Lookin good

The test build looks good Rocketman - can't wait to see it done up in color (by some brave otherbody). I have the PoA on my to develop list, but now I may not need to.

Cheers,

Steve
  13. Arsen NonLupin

Arsen NonLupin New Member

IMHO: it's too huge, try to make in a smaller scale... and it looked longer in the game. What was the source of work?
  14. racerMachX

racerMachX New Member

Wow! thats big. Looking fwd to more pics.
  15. RocketmanTan

With all due respect, I meant for the PoA to be that size--my other 4-inch long model didn't do the subject justice. If it's wargaming and play you're looking for, then go ahead and resize the finished model, or print out my smaller PoA. As for scale, It's just right.
  16. SnakeEyesOnAPlane

SnakeEyesOnAPlane New Member

Wow! She's looking great so far! You even put the Marathon logo on the side! Don't give up on the bridge; I'm sure you can make it happen. it doesn't have to have the interior details, you know. A simple box-like section where the bridge would be, with details to look like the canopy is more than enough.
  17. RocketmanTan

Thanks for the support dude!:thumb: I have attached pictures of the bridge--it's mainly a scalene triangle prism mounted on a rectangular prism.
    Sorry for the quality, again, it was taken on my webcam, and I just got word that my camera is toast...

Attached Files:

18. SnakeEyesOnAPlane

Simple but effective. Told ya you could do it!
  19. RocketmanTan

@SnakeEyesOnAPlane: Thanks for the suppert, dude:cool:.

Well, I have submitted my model to the downloads section, and I'm just waiting for them to approve it. I'll let y'all know when it's up.

--Bryan "Opposite over Adjacent" Tan
  20. SnakeEyesOnAPlane

If you ever decide to abort the project, you could always make a sweet "The Maw" crash site dio!