2ND Gauge Layout party

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Thanks Robin, again.

Great work Jon, How do you get that long grass hanging look?

It's a woodland scenics product whose name escapes me. It's looks like a green mess of curly hair with some ground foam mixed in. After trying to do the same with painting stretched out furnace filters and failing at that, I realized this was available. I take the product, and stretch it out real thin, then hang it where I like. I spray it down with 50/50 glue/water and then blow on some other colors of ground foam. A bag of this stuff, used the way I use it, would cover the average 1:1 house roof in my neighborhood:D

F

Fred_M

Worked on my building some more. Added rails, ladder, and a vent. Also had to brace up the tower because it was leaning. FRED

Attachments

• shed4.jpg
    shed4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 65

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Wow! Really great work everybody! I've made some progress but haven't taken pics yet. I'm making a barge to rail operation for gravel and coal. I decided to make a storage bin using Atlas plate girder bridge spans as walls. Its about a foot and a half long and five inches wide. I plan to create piles of grey gravel inside the bin out of foam covered with painted sand. I scavenged some parts from the original structure I had there to make an unloader that drops an auger into the barge and moves the gravel along a conveyor so it drops into the bin or can be directed into a waiting gondola along side. As for the rest of the oirginal structure shown on page one of this thread, I painted it grey and found a way to integrate it into my large cement plant on the other side of the layout. Pictures wil be coming soon I hope! :)
Ralph

F

Fred_M

FRED
TOMPM I like the brace. Just like real life.

It's an unwelcome benefit from living in a poor part of the country. Poor people have poor ways.:(

F

Fred_M

So i soldered up a waterpipe and valve assembly to go to the mixer and put in some control cables for the workers to turn it on and off from the floor. The pipe's made from copper tube, brass tube, and copper wire. Got a new camera and found it can take some close closeups with a macro switch. FRED

Attachments

• shed5.jpg
    shed5.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 87

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I have added the stove pipe, painted the base, finished weathering the station and sealed it with Dullcoat. Here are the next round of progress photos.

anj.jpg

ank.jpg

anl.jpg

anm.jpg

I also began working on the diorama base. The station is shown in its approximate final postion. I am planning on having a creek run in front of the station. I also plan a retaining wall along the creek to "hold up" the tracks. The big pile of foam to the right of the station is for the road and trolley line that will cross the tracks and the creek.

ann.jpg

F

Fred_M

Thanks all for the comments, and that stations gonna be great on the bank of the river Tom. Can't wait to see it done. How about some pixs from the rest of you all?:) FRED