25th Dec 2003

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Gooooooood morning all and Season`s greetings to all:D By now we all should be on our seconed cup of coffee couse the kids God bless em had us all (grand folk as well ) up way to early:D
Great though is`nt it yawn!!!!!

Have a geat day folks and enjoy ya Turkey. From the Nut somewhere in Ontario Canada:wave: :thumb:

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Yup..... Up early. I guess the season brings out the child in me. I was up before the grandkids!

We're having a goose and a ham today instead of turkey. The ladies, young and old, are already in the kitchen.....

Merry Christmas to all.

BillS

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Merry Christmas to everyone at the guage. All of our family is scattered around the world so it is a quiet day around here. Been up since 5:30 it hard to break habbits ( internal clocks ) already on a second pot of coffee. May everyone enjoy a peaceful day and be thankful for family and friends.:wave:

Agatheron

Nov 8, 2003
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
My wife and I are both ministers, so we had services last night and actually enjoyed a sleep in. We don't have kids yet, so we're enjoying it while it lasts. :)

Mind you, one of our cats is meowling for attention... One of our furry children... We're now getting ready to fly west to visit our respective parents...

Merry Christmas all!

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Good morning and Merry Christmas to all from me.
Getting ready to go to town for our yearly Christmas breakfast at my daughters and exchange gifts. We draw names so everybody will get at least one gift.

Will have out first cup of coffee on the way in, then come home for a nap, then back to town to our sons for dinner.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Good morning all and a very Merry Christmas from sunny Arizona. :cool: For the first time in about 40 years, we are spending Christmas by ourselves. Normally we have a full house; kids, daughter-in-laws, grandkids and anyone else that wants to be here. But this year with the stress of preparing to move and keeping the house "showroom ready", Peggy and I just wanted to be by ourselves with minimal distruption (we have two, very active two-year old grandkids).;)

Boy, next year should be a real doosy in our new home though.:thumb: :thumb:

Don

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Good EVENING :D :D :D and a Merry Christmas to you all!

Here in Europe it's already getting dark again when some of you still are sipping their morning coffee! :) We are already looking back to a great meal with both parents-in-law, brother-in-law and wife as well as our daughter with her family. Now they are on their way home again and it is quiet and cozy once again.

We enjoy it thoroughly, since it is very cold outside. This morning it was in the vicinity of 10°F (about -12° Celsius), and now temperature is falling again rapidly. There is a thin cover of snow outside - the first White Christmas again since many, many years!

My friends, enjoy your day and your Turkey and the Spirit of Christmas! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ron

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
A Merry Christmas to all, my wife and I had 20 people for Xmas Eve dinner, the last of them have just left. A few hours to "veg" and off to the in laws. Best of the day to you.

Gary

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Now back to installing batteries.

BTW who designed some of the packaging for kids’ toys. I know of craftsman kits that are easier to assemble than getting some of the toys out of the package. I used to fear the words " Some Assembly Required", now it is the packaging.

Better go find the band aids looks like another case of scrapped fingers and knuckles.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
:wave: :wave: :wave: ]MERRY CHRISTMAS :wave: :wave: :wave:

Originally posted by TomPM

BTW who designed some of the packaging for kids’ toys. I know of craftsman kits that are easier to assemble than getting some of the toys out of the package. I used to fear the words " Some Assembly Required", now it is the packaging.

Perhaps the question should be, who are the packages designed for? And the answer might be: shoplifters :D :D :D

:wave: :wave: :wave: ]HO HO HO :wave: :wave: :wave:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Merry Christmas to the best bunch of model railroaders I'm priveleged to know!

The best of Holidays to you all, & I'm looking forward to spending another great year with you here at
The Gauge
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Christmas Day and a Very Merry christmas to everyone:thumb:
Its typical Victoria area Christmas weather with a combination of sun, wind and rain.
The Family is scattered all over the country and, at last count, there are 6 mini gatherings in various parts of Canada, while a few of us have opted to to stay home.
Tried to get Papa Grinch (my Dad) out to stay with us, but he is content to spend the day ice fishing back in the interior.
Had freinds over on Christmas eve, slept in late:sleeping: and Debbie, myself and our one year old scottich terrier, Silverbelle are spending the day alone.
Have a great day all!:) :D :cool: :wave:
Cheers!

Terry

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just got back from a lovely afternoon with my brother and his family. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, a hour break and then coffee and brownies, cookies, tarts and ice cream. I am stuffed!

Had a great visit with my three nephews, who have been following the progress of my model RR quite closely. They were upstairs in the videogame room (of course) and I was quite honoured to be handed one of the controllers immediately upon entering. Too bad I wiped out almost as quickly!!!

All in all, a very fun day with family young and old.

Val

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Originally posted by TomPM
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Now back to installing batteries.

Better go find the band aids looks like another case of scrapped fingers and knuckles.

We are finally through for the day. Had my son and daughter-in-law from Richmond, VA and daughter from Fredericksburg here for presents and afternoon meal. Wife and I just finished putting dishes and left-overs away.

Tom, I use a box cutter to open the plastic coverings and save the large flat pieces for "window glass" for my scratch-built stuff. I gave up on trying to open things without a knife or screwdriver several years ago.:D :D :) :)

Well, it may be the day after, but it's still the Season...:D ....so....

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Yesterday was a very different Christmas for us. This is the first year since our daughters were born that we have spent Christmas day mostly by ourselves. The older of our two girls (actually they are both in their early 30's) was married in October, and they spent the day in St. Louis with his family. Our other daugher dropped by for a while, but had "plans" for later.

Well, I hope everyone got what he or she wished for. I didn't get any model railroad items this year, but my wife did give me a 9" bandsaw. So now I can practice whitling down my fingernails. :rolleyes: :D