24-25 Feb 07 Paper Models at the EAA Museum

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by sakrison, Feb 9, 2007.

1. sakrison

sakrison Member

The EAA "AirVenture" Museum in Oshkosh, WI will hold its annual "Family Flight Fest" on Feb 24 and 25. At least three paper modelers will be there (including me) displaying a variety of paper model aircraft and spacecraft, and doing some building.

It's a neat event and I've corrupted--make that "recruited"--4 or 5 new paper modelers into the ranks through this annual event. The museum staff go out of their way to make us feel welcome. And a bonus for exhibitors is free admission to this world-class aviation museum. (Also free lunch.)

If you live anywhere nearby (MI, IL, MN, IA) and want to come, let me know and we'll reserve table space for you. It's a two-day event; you can come for one or both days. We'd love to have ya.

Here's the link to the museum event: www.airventuremuseum.org/activities/events.asp
    If you'd like to come, e-mail me off-list. If you need a place to stay, I might be able to help.

It's a big event for the museum and a good way to spread the word about paper modeling.

No worries,
    --David
  2. jasco

jasco Member

I'll be darned! I have been an EAA member for 20+ years and just saw the paper model display in the museum during AirVenture '05. I only have a couple of a/c models done, but maybe I will come up and just look and chat.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I will look into that! Kids might like that trip up :)
    Chris