2006 MTH engines?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

how did the MTH GP9 Diesel Engine w/proto-sound 2.0 run? they good pullers? im thinking about getting one but i want to be able to pull longer trains.
  2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I would know that answer since I own one. GREAT! I just got mine back around October and in green & yellow CN colors.

I'm pulling 29 cars and one non powered GP9.
  3. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i seen one in an old mth book the blue and white rock island colors, its the only mth engine that i know of in the blue and white, i am trying to find and but at least one of every mth premier rock island rolling stock in the blue and white from 1999 till now. and need an engine to go with it.
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well, one will be at my doorstep soon!
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Great choice, I hope you got a non power unit too. I love the GP 9 they look cool. Another advantage is they can run on my 0-36 curves with no problems.

Ok so what road name and did you get premier or railking?
  6. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

its a railking, rock island, in the blue and white paint, just won it tonight on ebay, $200.00.

no non powered unit yet, got to find one somewhere. im not sure yet if they made an rock island non power. i have noticed that mth dont always make non powered units in all the road names that they do powered ones, i think lionel is the same way, i think that this powered unit came out in 2006 if i remember right,
  7. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

2002, not 2006,,,, and there is a non powered unit,,, i just got to find one.