2006 International Paper Model Convention

Discussion in 'North America' started by rickstef, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Rick... please use good lighting. I have noticed alot of the shots from modeling events around the world tend to be too dark or very bright. ;)
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Rick... please use good lighting. I have noticed alot of the shots from modeling events around the world tend to be too dark or very bright. ;)
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Steve,

I will try, this will be my cherry video taping event.
    as for the pictures and the webcam, i got that down.

Rick
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Steve,

I will try, this will be my cherry video taping event.
    as for the pictures and the webcam, i got that down.

Rick
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I just got an update from Peter Heesch, he is going to see if the block of rooms can be expanded

I will keep everyone posted

Rick
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I just got an update from Peter Heesch, he is going to see if the block of rooms can be expanded

I will keep everyone posted

Rick
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

just curious....

Who will attend and is a member of the site?

Rick
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

just curious....

Who will attend and is a member of the site?

Rick
  9. davelant

davelant Member

I don't know if it was luck, or if Peter got the room block expanded, but I did get the convention rate when I called this reservation number:

1-800-972-3159

but you have to specify the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dulles; this number takes reservations from hotels around Virginia that are owned by the same group. I was thinking of coming in early for some air museum visiting, but the rate is very steep on Thursday night, so it looks like Sunday is the best day for a museum trip.
  10. davelant

davelant Member

I don't know if it was luck, or if Peter got the room block expanded, but I did get the convention rate when I called this reservation number:

1-800-972-3159

but you have to specify the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dulles; this number takes reservations from hotels around Virginia that are owned by the same group. I was thinking of coming in early for some air museum visiting, but the rate is very steep on Thursday night, so it looks like Sunday is the best day for a museum trip.
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

It is that time of the year again to drool over what others have built.

I am talking about the 10th Annual International Paper Model Convention.
    Held this year at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dulles Virginia, USA.
    The date for the main attraction is November 11th, we will be displaying what we have built from 10am to 6pm(18:00 for our miltary and non US friends)

Some of the biggest names of the hobby will be in attendance, A.G. Smith of Dover Publications, Digital Navy, Fiddler's Green, Thomas Pleiner and many others.

This year I will be providing a live webcam feed of the event, which can be accessed at IPMC Webcam feed

I will also be posting some videos and stills of the event when time allows, maybe a few days after the event.

If you are curious as to what fun we have, you can check outMy 2004 photo album or if you need more info check out IPMC 2006 website

Hope to see you there
  12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Oh yeah! Drooling indeed!!!
  13. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Rick,

I'll be there for the afternoon and the dinner. I'll be hanging around the Fiddlers Green table. Just mention cardmodelers. See you there.
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

rmks

Looking forward to seeing you there

Rick
  15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This cam is real cool Rick.
    It's the next best thing to being there.
    Maybe in a few years we will have a much higher frame rate and sound.

I've opened this link in a seperate window so I can keep the cam view up while I do other things.

Thanks a lot for setting this cam up, Rick!

Russell
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Cool Russel,

Thanks for checking in

Rick
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Rick, are you the person to the left of the camera?

I can see everyone stopping in front of the camera and talking to someone out of view and I am assumeing that it is you that they are speaking to.

If so, why don't you let them know the world is watching and give a smile to the camera! :-D

Russell
  19. rickstef

rickstef Guest

that would be me, i am behind the camera.

Rick
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

We had a blast during the convention, loads of kids, lots of questions, lots of answers, and lots of laughs.

I want to thank the organizers, Peter Heesch, Peter Ansoff, Matt Vance, Alan Wheeler.
    Superbly done as always Gentlemen.

I want to thank all who displayed, awesome models as always.

I would also like to thank all of those who checked in on the webcam broadcast, and for your comments and suggestions

We have been talking about next year, and some of the enhancements, new features and things we thought of.

Hopefully in the next couple of days or so I will have some time to upload the video i recorded.

For those who took pictures, and aren't savvy with some of the online photosharing sites, I will setting up a group on flickr so everyone can take a look and see how much fun we had.

I hope to see more people from the Eastern Seaboard at the Convention next year.
    And anyone who wants to fly or drive from all parts of the world are more than welcome.

Thank again to all who came, displayed, organized, and just made this a killer event.

It's my number 1 item on my social calender

Rick