2005 Model Railroad Plans?

What are your plans for the new year? I will be taking my layout apart. :cry: Jessica and I will be moving to Eastern Tennessee in March! :D I plan on building a coffee table layout.(Working on the plans now.)

As for a large layout. We plan on building our log home in the summer of 2005. We also plan to get married in April or May. After all that, the Holiday's will be returning! :eek: I don't foresee another HO layout until 2006. Plus a G scale layout outside. Lots of plans, but no time.

Happy New Year,
Andy

up_santafe

Dec 15, 2004
Wisconsin Northwoods
2005 will bring big changes to the Deere Valley & Western. The 99% completed 4x8 layout will be demolished and replaced by a "L" shaped larger layout, approx. 8x8. Hopefully most of the buildings can be salvaged, but alas, the Atlas track is destined for the dumpster and Kato Unitrack will be installed.

The Big Boys and Challengers will appreciate the extra running room and reliable track!

Happy Holidays to All!:wave:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
That's great Andy! No wonder you're marrying her!!!!!

My plans for 2005 will depend on what I manage to get done in this last stretch of 2004. I teach so I have a big chunk of time off at Christmas. I hope to have started track laying by the end of 04 (building benchwork now) so my 05 plans are to continue trackage and begin scenery.

Val

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
My plans are to finalize trackage and wiring on the 4x8 (it's all there, just not completely permanent yet) , and then possibly sell or trade to concentrate on modules for the HOTrak modular club.

Andrew

Mike Desira

Dec 15, 2004
I hope that 2005 will see the founding of my railroad empire. So far its all plans and vapours and the learning curve is steep for a denizen of a train-less nation, but its fun-fun-fun all the way.

Hey UP SANTAFE, I'll pay s&h if you'll reroute the atlas track from the dumpster to me.... whats wrong with it anyway?

up_santafe

Dec 15, 2004
Wisconsin Northwoods
Mike,

After 2 years of use (and abuse) on my 4x8, the Atlas track just hasn't worked out for me. My heavy engines and consists, along with steep grades and sharp curves has taken its toll. A number of the switch machines are burned out and my less than perfect track laying skills has caused some damage to the trackage.

There may be some salvageable, but it has all been soldered, glued and ballasted so tearing it up will probably destroy the majority. You are welcome to it, but I doubt if it will be worth the shipping. I'll let you know when I tear it up. Probably early Spring with a little luck.

Ray

docsnavely

Sep 20, 2004
Zushi, Japan
First, my FY05 budget plan keeps getting chopped down by the CFO. I'm already 3 months into the fiscal year, and still no production. As soon as the budget passes the board, we will finish laying the subterrianean level of the greater Kanto Rail System. All of the ground work has been completed, we're just waiting on the actual rails to be set.

Once that is done, work will begin on the ground level (est. Mar '05) and hopefully all rail will be in place by July of '05.

-doc(the other one)