1st attemp at posting pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by pcentral, Apr 14, 2003.

1. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi gang,
    I borrowed my Dads digital camera and have been figuring it out. Thought I would try posting a pic. This is the first (and only) pic taken so far, if it works I'll take more. The picture shows some of the rock castings I always brag about.

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Overall the casting looks good but what's the story on the electrical connector in the middle of it?
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Those are cool rock castings. The rock climber is a nice touch also. I would say you have the taking and posting thing well in hand.

Greg Elems
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great picture. Let's have some more
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

That will teach me to clean my glasses! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Well I'd say that worked and worked well! look forward to more!

Are the smooth areas to get ground cover or is it an area where it's all sandy/rocky like out west? What area are you modeling?

hehehe when I read Ty's first post, I was thinking he meant the greenish dark thingy in the upper right and I was going to say the climber is an electrician going up to wire the connector in! :D :D :D I'm on a fairly hi resolution monitor right now (1600 X 1200), so everything is pretty small, even though my glasses are clean :D :D :D

Good work!
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi pcentral, don't let these guys here put you off, what with Tyson asking about electrical connectors in the middle and Jon wants to get his glasses cleaned, I don't know whats going on. :D

HOWEVER -- Let me just say this, IT LOOKS GREAT, love the rocks and the photo is sharp .
    Please post more.

Shamus

[​IMG]
  8. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for the words. Now a little background. I was in a hurry to get a pic and try to post it so I just snapped what was close. The picture is a closeup of the mountain in my train/computer room. The little green thing in the right corner is a jeep and just out of sight in the top of the picture is a white fence and house. The figure is a electrical/telephone lineman but works as a climber. The smooth areas are supposed to get some light ground foam. I want it to have a southwestern flavor with sparse vegitation. The layout was built a few years ago and I have never gotten around to finishing the scenery on it. I will get some better pics of it and my other layouts posted soon. Steve