1956 CAE/Avro CF100 mk4 all weather interceptor DOWNLOAD

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Aug 30, 2005.

1. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I posted this wayyyyyyy back when I joined in jan. But I see there has been some recent interest in it again sparked by NOBI's F 89 Scorpion.
    So, here it is one more time, the 1956 CAE/Avro CF100 mk4 all weather interceptor in RCAF markings. When I originally posted it, I made mention that I would love to see a model of the scorpion, and NOBI is making that wish come true :D .
    So, for those of you who might want this, here is the link and a photo:

http://www.vaxxine.com/scott_projects/webdoc2.htm

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I posted this wayyyyyyy back when I joined in jan. But I see there has been some recent interest in it again sparked by NOBI's F 89 Scorpion.
    So, here it is one more time, the 1956 CAE/Avro CF100 mk4 all weather interceptor in RCAF markings. When I originally posted it, I made mention that I would love to see a model of the scorpion, and NOBI is making that wish come true :D .
    So, for those of you who might want this, here is the link and a photo:

http://www.vaxxine.com/scott_projects/webdoc2.htm

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Greg,

Never being one to let a nit go by unpicked...I have to point out that the picture you have just uploaded is one of a MkV Clunk. The MkIV had a wingspan of about 6 ft less (going upon memory here) and was equipped with a gunpack of some 8 .50 Brownings and two wing pods with 48 each 2.75 FFAR's.

Regards,
    Rick
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hi Greg,

Never being one to let a nit go by unpicked...I have to point out that the picture you have just uploaded is one of a MkV Clunk. The MkIV had a wingspan of about 6 ft less (going upon memory here) and was equipped with a gunpack of some 8 .50 Brownings and two wing pods with 48 each 2.75 FFAR's.

Regards,
    Rick
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rick,

Yes I know thats the Mk V in the photo, lol, it even says so. But, thats the photo on the download website and I figured it would just be easier for anyone wanting to download it to see the plane shown here.....there.
    And there was no google image of the MkIV anyway :lol:
    But good eye ya have there Rick.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rick,

Yes I know thats the Mk V in the photo, lol, it even says so. But, thats the photo on the download website and I figured it would just be easier for anyone wanting to download it to see the plane shown here.....there.
    And there was no google image of the MkIV anyway :lol:
    But good eye ya have there Rick.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Um, Sir Greg, Have you designed a canopy for this? :wink:
  8. Hans Christian

Um, Sir Greg, Have you designed a canopy for this? :wink:
  9. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Hans,

uh......nope, not me lol, when I originally found this link I started looking for the scorpion lol. I never Built this model, although at one time I did print it out and also wondered about the canopy. But I think a canopy could probably be made "fairley" easily........it may take some trial and error, but it can be done I am sure. Or you might try emailing the guy would designed the model and ask him. scott@vaxxine.com

sorry, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  10. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Hans,

uh......nope, not me lol, when I originally found this link I started looking for the scorpion lol. I never Built this model, although at one time I did print it out and also wondered about the canopy. But I think a canopy could probably be made "fairley" easily........it may take some trial and error, but it can be done I am sure. Or you might try emailing the guy would designed the model and ask him. scott@vaxxine.com

sorry, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Doh!!! It was noted as a MKV on the bottom of the photo at that. What gave it away to me was the markings, the only version that flew in post unification colours were the MkV's of 414 sqn. I serviced the odd one when they landed at Cold Lake, and saw the last one to fly over the pond when it came into Baden-Sollíngen to be made into a gate guardian. All the 104's were grounded due to bad weather, but the Clunk made it in with no problem.
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Doh!!! It was noted as a MKV on the bottom of the photo at that. What gave it away to me was the markings, the only version that flew in post unification colours were the MkV's of 414 sqn. I serviced the odd one when they landed at Cold Lake, and saw the last one to fly over the pond when it came into Baden-Sollíngen to be made into a gate guardian. All the 104's were grounded due to bad weather, but the Clunk made it in with no problem.
  13. Hans Christian

Ok thanks again sir!! :wink:
  14. Hans Christian

Ok thanks again sir!! :wink: