1920's Vehicles

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Sorry to say there's not near as many as there were in the late 60s/early70s. Scale Structures Ltd. was another big one next to Jordan then but they went under in the early 80s. You can still find their kits---some at quite a premium, others more affordable---from time to time on Ebay. Woodland Scenics has a log truck as well as several other 20s vehicles you might want to look into. Not to toot my horn but you can see some of the modified fire truck and hearse kits I've used from Model Power on my webpage. Maybe that'll help your log truck---I can see the fire truck kit making a great base to work from.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Try getting some modern vehicles. I'm talking cars made in the 90's and today.
Unless I want a town populated by Atlas Ford Taurus and F-150, or make a European based model railroad, its almost impossible.
Though, Boley does make some nice HO scale modern trucks. A little toy like, but with some detailing and a little weathering they look pretty good.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
choffman41 said:
Is there someone other than Jordan making teens or '20's vehicles that are realistic and somewhat affordable? I'd like to build some log trucks from mid '20's up to maybe a '29 Model AA Ford.

Not really... :( But Jordan does make a wide variety, which is good. WS has a few white metal vehicles that are good, but other than that, the pickings are pretty slim...

Andrew

Skammer

Feb 4, 2005
Thank you, Choffman, I've been meaning to ask this. The Jordan kits are fine - they can come out quite nice - but they are rather difficult to fit together and quite fragile. I would love to find a source for vehicles from the 20's and early 30's.