1701-E Bridge. Testbuild Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Paul, sorry to hear about your Christmas buddy, I hope everyone is Ok.

As for those consoles, I'll find the back up disk with this model on and take a look at those consoles. I'll email you with any assistance.

It's looking great though Paul, you've done a great job on this.

P

paulhbell

Nearly finished.

2 update photos today.

First photo is the right side wall and consoles, now finished. All 3 seats and 2 'strips' (not sure of the real name, parts 44) have now been added.

Second photo, the bridge is looking 'busy' with most of the chairs and consoles added. I managed to sort out how 'Rikers' console fits together.

The outside walls are nearly finished, I only have to glue the rear wall (part 29) to finish off. Adding the outside wall has made the bridge really strong.

The only things I have to do now are, Troi's console, the last outer wall and the 3 chairs need to be finished for the left wall. I do need to print off another chair, to make up for the missing one and I am out of printer ink.

DSCF0059.jpg DSCF0060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Great work Paul. I'm glad I stuck at that one to have been able to see you put it together. Really great stuff! :)

P

paulhbell

Ok, it's finished(nearly)

I have now finished the 'E' bridge, apart from the extra chair I need to print off (I have no ink).

There has been no 'bad' problems. I had to add a strip of card above the rear wall and above the viewscreen, but all other parts fitted ok. Some bits are small and are a bit 'fiddly' i.e. some parts of the consoles.

When the outside walls are added the model is very strong.

This has been a fun build and I would have finished it a lot quicker if problems had not come up at home.

Thanks to Skip for designing the bridge and thanks to deif for helping skip with the graphics.:thumb:

I my still relay the front floor (when I get round to buying some ink) as there is a difference in the carpet colour. I have included a photo of the 'D' bridge for an idea of the difference in size.

Next up for me, Finish Ron's 'original' Enterprise bridge and then finish spiderman off, just his hands to finish. Them I will be ready to start some other builds.

DSCF0061.jpg DSCF0062.jpg DSCF0063.jpg DSCF0064.jpg DSCF0066.jpg DSCF0067.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Looks fantstic Paul. May I add some of your pics here to the gallery?

You did a fantastic job as I knew you would. The colour difference in the carpet doesn't show up here.

P

paulhbell

Yes, you can add the photos to the gallery. Jon Leslie can use the photos on his site for the links if he wants.

I am not happy with the colour and the thick card base shows through as well. When I get time to get some ink for my printer I am going to relay the carpet.

I hope now that the bridge is finished someone else will have a go at making it. We could compare notes.

Anyone fancy designing another bridge. Loads of bridge left to do yet. I'm no good at designing otherwise I would have a go myself.

S

Starship Builder

great bridge paul look really good id love to see more bridge models especially voyager

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Well, Deif has offered to help me again with future bridge models. I have the 1701-A(ST:VI) started already. I just need to get back into it again.

Voyager would be another big model, though I'd rather finish the 1701-A bridge first.

jack black

Feb 3, 2008
startrek

hi all startrek builders i was wondering if sombody knows where to get the the 11 foot uss enterprise D model

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
I've still got this stored away. It's been out of sight for over a year now, so I think I'll get it out and post a few more photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.