1701-E Bridge. Testbuild Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulhbell

Now that I've done the big parts, i.e. the walls and floor, the build has slowed a bit. Still had no problems though. The bridge itself looks great and the smaller pieces are starting to come together now.

forgot to say, the outside walls are coming along good now aswell.

P

paulhbell

More.

More consoles. And captain Picard's chair done. I could have done a better job on the chair, so I may do it again. Also the consoles need the card edges colouring.

The console legs are a little bit complicated and are taking a while to do. Thats why progress is slow, and it might be the fact that I have too many models building at once.

DSCF0046.jpg DSCF0047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Master-Bruce

I keepsaying it but this build is going great! Looking great too. I know there are some nasty small areas that'll be tricky Paul. It's another exmple of me trying to achieve the right look and sacrificing some ease in the process.

Sorry about that but you're doing a real swell job.

P

paulhbell

Still building.

Nav' and helm now finished. The consoles are easy to build, but the stands are a bit tricky.

Also a 'light stand' and side steps. Now that I have the side steps glued down the floor is complete.

Still working on the outside walls as well, these are going ok.

DSCF0053.jpg DSCF0054.jpg

Master-Bruce

I keep saying it but this build is going great! Looking great too.

LOL, I may as well just keep quoting myself each time I reply here!

It really does look good Paul, I'm glad there have been no big issues with this and that you've been able to build it Ok.

P

paulhbell

I'm still on with this.

Just an update photo to show how it's going.

Been a bit busy with work, christmas around the corner, my car is broke and the christmas house, so I've not had any chance to get on with this build.

I also needed to catch up with my radio controlled boat's, got a bit behind with the building of them.

Not a lot to finish it off, so all other projects are off till this is finished. Hopefully before christmas day it will be finished.

DSCF0056.jpg

Master-Bruce

Hey Paul. I knew you were busy with Crimbo and the Christmas House so I never posted here for an update.

It's looking great buddy. I'm glad it is going well for ya. Only one area to ammend then it seems?

deif

hi all

I'm new here. was helping skip with the graphics for this bridge. man, this model looks awesome. I wouldn't be as patient to do this. stunning work!
look forward to see it finished.

greetings from the swiss alps

Master-Bruce

Hey buddy! Nice to see you here! I know I lost touch with you for a while but as you see, the bridge is being put to use. :) I never found the time to finish my build of it, but Paul here is doing a great job with it.

The model only looks as good as it does thanks to you my friend. Thank you. ;)

deif

thanx, skip.
I've we put together the different skills, wonderful results will be realized. I would never be able to finish the work you do, paul. amazing.
but i really liked to do the graphics for you, skip. look forward to new challenges, my friend!

Master-Bruce

I know. One day I'll be back and ready for another bridge model. Just got too many other ideas at the moment.

It's Gundam and Batman models at the moment.

P

paulhbell

I am back on with the build, again. After hoping to get it finished before christmas day, as I stated in my last post. Things have not gone very well here at home, my brother in laws dad died on sunday before christmas. Then since boxing day I've been laid in bed with a virus, until yesterday. So apart from looking in every few days, I've done no building untill today.

I have finished all the light stands now and they are glued in place. More chairs have now been built and put in, as well as the consoles. I have only got the consoles that 'Riker' and 'Troi' use to do now, then all the consoles are finished. I have left these 2 consoles to the last as I'm not sure how they assemble together, parts 43b to 43e and parts 42b to 42e. So any guildence would help.

The outside walls are half way finished as well.

Skip, I have counted 13 seats on the bridge, but only 12 are included in the parts, not a big deal though. It's one of the side console seats.

DSCF0057.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.