15 Mack

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jon-monon, Nov 11, 2002.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

15 Ton Mack

:D :D :D

Attached Files:

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

;) ;) ;)

Attached Files:

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:p :p :p

Attached Files:

5. moss-lake

moss-lake Member

Beautiful Jon:D :D
    How does it run & did you have trouble fitting the mech into it?
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I haven't really run it much, yet. Haven't run it at all since it became a Mack.

The instructions said you can fit the bachman gandydancer in if a youngster needs a loco to run, SO I KNEW THIS WAS FOR ME!!! :D :D :D It said to remove the men and cut off the ax and shovel. Well I had to cut off a heck of a lot more than that. Add to the list, cut off the tool boxes and half of the bars that go up to the pivot point and remove the linkage after taking it all apart. But, still, no I would not call it difficult, but you need a dremel and cut off wheels. I also added a strip of styrene between the bottom and the gandy's chassis, where the plastic truck would go if not powering it. I built it one evening and painted it the next. If I had it to do over, I would spray paint it before assembly, sanding the edges that would be glued. For a brief moment, I thought about using real couplers, but the plastic ones look right, and it will be lucky to have enough weight to pull itself. Now, where to find work for the unemployed men?
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great job Jon!
    That's one cool "critter"!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

btw...If that Mack is a 15 tonner, how much did that Heineken weigh? :D
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Hey Charlie, believe it or not, according to the label, the heiny only weighed 12 oz., but it weighed a lot less when I got through with it! :D :D :D hic-up :eek: :)
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Great.....two more unemployed railroad workers.
  10. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

88, look, we at P-K are not evil, heartless blim-blammers. We tried to work with these guys, but they just wouldn't change. All they want to do is hump up and down on that old hand cart. They don't want to learn anything new. They don't want to learn to drive a diesel and when we tried to get them to do some alternate manual labor, they just hold their hands up in a cup shape and say, "carpel tunnel, carpel tunnel". We gave them severance pay and they just drank it. Now they got lawyers after us and if they win a settlement against us we will have to let other, hard working employess go. People have to learn to accept change if they want to reap the benifits of progress. Times are changin', this is the 50's, not the 30's. Ya jest can't do the same old job for 30 years and call it a career anymore.

-- Knudsen