1/72 scale SdKfz. 7 and 88mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebeltex

coming soon to papertigerarmaments.com

here is the beta build of the DAK version. the 88mm is by shaun austin and it swivels, elevates, and can be placed on it's carriage!

Attachments

• SdKfz 7 and 88mm DAK beta view.JPG
    SdKfz 7 and 88mm DAK beta view.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 623

charliec

Looks like the "woodengraver" met a couple of Halinski models.

Nice looking models.

Regards,

Charlie

Stev0

Wow thats amazing. Thats a great amount of detail in such a small scale.

Also that amount of articulation too. I am taking it that this is on bond paper?

nebeltex

i have finished the written instructions and am now working on the graphics. hard to tell from the photo maybe but the 88 carriage wheels were too large and the -7 front wheels too small. that has been fixed. both the same now. there will be 4 versions available; DAK, "blitz" grey, winter "ambush" over grey, and a three color. expect (most of) them next week. i'll post another photo of the cannon on the carriage. then on to the flat-bed with 20mm X 4 and/or 37mm AAA. thanks for the kind words. cheers, c.b.

ShaunGamer

How did I miss this thread?

Thanks for all the comments about the 88 gun. Nebeltex has done a great job of finalising my design. His addition of the Sdkfz. 7 to the kit has made the model complete and definitely more impressive than just having the 88 alone.

Stev0 - During the design process I used 190gsm card to give it the strength required for all the articulation. I figured the model would not be worth it unless you could pose it appropriately.

Thanks again for the remarks, some of it is high praise indeed, and I appreciate it.

Jim Krauzlis

A good bargain? Man, talk about the understatement of the year!:grin:

Excellent work, Shaun...keep them coming! Any plans on doing a few more modern AFVs? Tirta's thread on the Angakasa models has me thinking there are a few potentially good subjects for current armor. I know the M1A1 is available (VERY nice model, by the way) but it would be nice to have a few more in this scale to complement the collection.

I know, I know, these projects take a lot of planning, time and sweat to put a model out there for us, just wondering if the future holds anything hopes of some modern armor as well...we're basically a greedy bunch, after all.:grin:

Cheers!
Jim

nebeltex

at this time, our plans are for beefing up the selection of allied vehicles. here is our A13 which should be available next week as a FREE download (replacing the old PT 76). it will be available in desert and continental green (shown). i'll have to give some thought to a modern release in the next month or so... maybe something soviet again.

Attachments

• A13 green bw.JPG
    A13 green bw.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 89

Jim Krauzlis

Excellent!!

Beefing up the Allied armor, eh? Despite the difficulties mentioned with the Sherman, I think a fairly good one is possible. I'm playing around with re-coloring one of the Yoshioka's designs and hope to get some time to try a test build to see out the M4A1 comes out, with the cast hull and turret. Looking at his pictures of the white card version it doesn't look bad at all, quite impressive, actually. I only pray my build comes out 10% as nice.:eek:ops: I basically just colored it a dark army green (not even sure I got the correct shade, actually), and put white stars on the turret. I'm not that talented to figure out how to put one of the stars in a circle markings on the front but I might try it once this test build is done. Not even going to attempt some of the excellent texturing your models all have; a man has to know his limits.:grin:

Cheers!
Jim

T

Texman

T-72 or T-80 would be GREAT! Would make worthy battlefield opponents
for the M1. And, they would make super company for Nobi's T-55 and Roman's T-62. PLEASE!

Grovelling Ray

Jim Krauzlis

I'm with you, Ray...groveling, that is.:grin:
A T-90 would be excellent too...just thinking about the extreme curved surfaces of the turret makes me nervous. Tough to get just right, at least for me.

Cheers!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.